IT.COM

question Does NameBio fetch EACH and EVERY sale?

NameSilo
Watch

iecomguy

Established Member
Impact
Doing some diligence on a domain and .com, org is taken years ago. As per godaddy it was sold for $7500, but not seeing in Namebio. What is other alternative for namebio to see?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lol.

i trust Namebio more than Godaddy.

Your friends Godaddy dont even date the sales
unlike NameBio- with even more added filters.
i think Godaddy is the least accurate;
especially if it got sold long time ago back.
NameBio.com all the way. Go @Michael :)

NameBio is the best search sale database;
DNJournal.com is my only other comp. highest, but cant search; just see highest sold

Last edited:
•••
Shortnames is very good too.

•••
Lol.

DNJournal.com is my only other comp. highest, but cant search; just see highest sold
This is not about trust.

I wanted to see if that particular domain was sold or not and for which amount. That domain with the extensions were sold around 1997. But I wanted to see the amount.

•••
Most sales are private. Some sales are self reported. What you see on NameBio is generally the wholesale market only.

•••
Namebio sales are only those that are voluntarily reported. There are many big sales that are not reported due to confidentiality agreements. @Bob Hawkes posts great articles on NamePros on sales of different TLDs and guesses it’s maybe 5% (sorry if I’m not remembering correctly but it’s a low single digit) of all sales that are reported. Also you can kind of tell if a sale is wholesale based on location of sale (auction and drop sites) and price (lower) or if retail (Sedo, BuyDomains, etc.) but that’s a general rule of thumb. Also it’s getting harder to tell when things get into the 4-6 figures even at auction.

Last edited:
•••
•••
You can look for similar names on NameBio that contain your keywords, or start with one or end with another, or have similar meanings.

Example: If you have blackbird dot whatever, search for names starting with black or ending with bird. Limit to the dot whatever to get closer comparables.

You can also search Sedo and Godaddy listings and auctions to see what similar names are listed at. Dig into auctions and see what people are bidding on those names.

I’m interested to see what you find out.

•••
but not seeing in Namebio. What is other alternative for namebio to see?
NameBio can only report what they can scrape from public sources or what is reported to them by marketplaces or sellers. Anyone can report a sale easily by filling out the online form and including a documentation image or file.

They do not have Afternic sales since 2014, most DAN sales, sales from brandable marketplaces, several of the big sellers, sales at many registrar marketplaces. With Sedo, sales $2000+ are reported unless covered by purchase of optional privacy. You can see many of the venues they cover by using the Venue control, but note that some have changed over time, such as Afternic.

In terms of where else to get sales listings, the two primary places are doing a GoDaddy valuation and search the comparable sales, or use DNPric.es. By combining all you come closer to a full picture, but will still be missing many retail sales.

But back to your original point, just because a sale is shown by GoDaddy but not NameBio, all it means is it probably was a sale at Afternic or GoDaddy.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Lol.

Your post is non-sensical. The OP is not asking whether Namebio is more trustworthy or accurate than GoDaddy or viceversa.

@iecomguy - No. Namebio does not fetch each and every sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back