IT.COM

Does .eu.org still work?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know, this is not a real domain, just someone offering subdomains of eu.org ; unlike most subdomain providers however I do like this extention. I know it has no financial value since it's a free subdomain, but for email purposes or for a temporary site I do think the extention is quite nice (lot nicer than most subdomain providers... .us.tt, .eu.kz, .de.pn, ... all quite worthless, while .eu.org makes sense)

However, this service started off about 10 years ago and the website seems to have hardly changed ever since. Does anyone know if this service is dormant or if it's still active?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Still active, tested last month

•••
When you say "tested last month", what exactly do you mean? Do you have a subdomain.eu.org yourself? Did you try to register a new one last month or log in to an already long existing account? Or did you simply notice some sites using .eu.org were still active?

The homepage looks very outdated and with a very oldfashioned layout. I also don't see anywhere what the conditions are (yearly renewal or is the subdomain yours for as long as the service exists? Is minimum nr of hits or logins per X weeks needed to keep the domain? ... The site is quite vague, which is a pity because of all subdomain providers .eu.org is about the only one with an extention that really makes sense and which has been around long enough to believe it can survive in the long term)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back