IT.COM

discuss Does choice of landing page matter ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Does it make any real difference who's landing pages you opt for beit Afternic, Epik, Sedo, Dan etc ? Is there really any difference in the amount of potential exposure or is it enetirely down to the domains themselves ?

Maybe more important is the customer service, commission rates, payout time etc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think it matters at all. Most end users just type a name on their registrar search engine and that's it!

•••
Does it make any real difference who's landing pages you opt for beit Afternic, Epik, Sedo, Dan etc ? Is there really any difference in the amount of potential exposure or is it enetirely down to the domains themselves ?

Maybe more important is the customer service, commission rates, payout time etc
Hi

let me ask you a question

would it make a diff, it your store was on a street where there were very few passerbys
or
if your store was on a busy street with lots of foot traffic
which place would most likely bring you more customers?

so, which platforms from above have the most foot traffic?

as for rates, payouts and reviews, you can look those up for yourself, as each has their own review section on the forum.

in the end though, it depends on the actual domains in question and how much patience you have while waiting for one to sell.

imo...

•••
Thanks for starting a thread on an important discussion topic, @doofer.

I think it can matter. But there are many factors, and as @biggie said just above the optimum may depend on the domain name.

Among the factors in my way of thinking...
  • Does the lander look professional and build trust?
  • Part of trust is the marketplace - people know GD better than say some small new market, for example.
  • Is key information clear? For example, ways to pay, how transfer will happen, etc.
  • For some names and some businesses, a lander that up front offers monthly payment will be an advantage.
  • Does the lander allow instant purchase, or send away to get price information?
  • Is there a phone number and/or instant chat that allows potential client to immediately get questions asked?
  • Does the lander link to other names for sale that may lead to buyer indecision?
Ideally the lander will be simple, informative and professional. Without distraction, links to additional information on topics like how transfer works, the value of a quality name, etc. may help.

The type of name may matter. For example, if selling a name aimed at a creative, a more creative type of lander might work. A lander for an investment business should not go the cute creative route probably.

I wish that all marketplaces provided two pieces of visit information - one the number of visitors in last 30 days that came from someone typing in the URL, and also for the same period the number of visits that were via a search or link from the marketplace itself. Ideally, a split on bots for the first would be helpful.

With that information, it is easier to make a decision if it is worthwhile to try a different lander. If all your traffic is from type-in, maybe try another option to see if more.

All that said, it is sales, not traffic, you want, so whatever marketplace and lander works for you is the best one to use (although commission, etc. to think about too).

Bob

•••
Yes it matters. Ease of payment, reliability, traffic, ease of taking ownership of purchased domains, etc. are going to appeal to end-users a lot more than any other thing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back