Domain Empire

question Does any / Which domain registrars allow unlocking 60 days transfer lock after new registration?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
I read an article and also in Icann site that 60 days lock period can be removed by the registrar if needed.

This is what I see in Icann faq
'Registrars may (but are not required to) allow registrants to opt out of the 60-day lock prior to the change of registrant request.'

Does any one have an idea which registrars allow to do it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think GoDaddy are the only one's I've ever heard of doing this, under certain conditions.

•••
Upvote 0
This is such an antiquated, unnecessary standard.

•••
Upvote 0
On new regs? No. Not going to happen. The domain status could be showing as: ok. But no way to transfer.

•••
Upvote 0
No idea, use push or sell with an account.

•••
Upvote 0
after new reg no such thing

•••
Upvote 0
'Registrars may (but are not required to) allow registrants to opt out of the 60-day lock prior to the change of registrant request.'

This concerns change of registrant, not new registration. Registrars may allow you to opt out of the lock that occurs after change of registrant. So if you change the owner.

Registrars are not allowed to allow you to opt out of the lock occurring immediately after a new registration.

•••
Upvote 0
I read an article and also in Icann site that 60 days lock period can be removed by the registrar if needed.

This is what I see in Icann faq

Does any one have an idea which registrars allow to do it?
Why do you need it?
Use the push option to another account for the transfer. All the main registrants support it.

•••
Upvote 0
Why do you need it?
Use the push option to another account for the transfer. All the main registrants support it.
Transfering to another registrar + user.

•••
Upvote 0
That's an ICANN's rule. Same as above-mentioned - I've never heard of any registrar being able to transfer to a new one (except for push to another account under the same registrar).

•••
Upvote 0
Why do you need it?
What is push option? Please i want to know about this detail

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
As in transfer to another account within the same registrar. Normally done by username/email as opposed to auth code.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back