IT.COM

question Does 60 Day transfer lock applies to internal transfers as well?

NameSilo
Watch

Nahdism

Established Member
Impact
Hello friends,

I just registered a few domain last week which I am looking forward to selling.

I know there is a domain lock which restricts one from selling or transferring a domain within 60 days of registration.

But what about internal transfers? I mean let's say if I registered a domain at Godaddy and want to sell to another person who doesn't have GoDaddy account. (directly not through auctions or anything). So can I ask him/her to create an account at GoDaddy and immediately push the domain internally or should I have to wait for the 60 day lock period even for same registrar internal transfers?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, this lock doesn't apply on any moves within current registrar.

•••
Thanks for clearing my doubt, Mr.Wolf :)

•••
With some registrars (e.g. Godaddy) you have to opt out of the lock.
There is a slider when you push and/or accept the domain.
Important to pay attention to avoid a nasty surprise to your buyer who may want to transfer out.

•••
Adding on to Godaddys internal PUSH policy, there is a restriction of 5 days.

•••
Adding on to Godaddys internal PUSH policy, there is a restriction of 5 days.
5 days since last push, or 5 days since domain registration or transfer-in?

•••
any restricks with fasthosts

•••
any restrictions with fasthosts

•••
•••
5 days since last push, or 5 days since domain registration or transfer-in?

Well, 5 days PUSH restriction after a domain name has changed ownership. As far as I understand. So, a new registration and a transfer in comes into effect, logically speaking.

•••
•••
I think that first you should try pushing it...if the push is unsuccessful then..your buyer..(who i think in almost every case will have a godaddy account) can buy it directly through the auctions..in that case..yes you will be charged a commission..but you wont have to do anything on your part..Godaddy will take care of everything itself..becuse they are money-hungry..check your paypal after 8 days..and you shall be all good.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back