IT.COM

Do you see these .com domains selling? - radletz.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

synclez

Established Member
Impact
I don't want advice on how to sell, instead I was wondering your personal thoughts on my domains... Main reason is because I just emailed someone this same message, and I figured why not ask the whole community.
I'm just wondering if you would agree that these are great names and just simply need the right person to snatch it up... I am wondering if you'd possibly be interested in selling them for me, because I don't sell domains... I just bought them with plans to use with projects (when there were freedeals) but ended up not having the time to use them. I also am wondering about theeyemates specifically... I recently looked up some trademark database and it's in there under someone, so I was wondering does that matter when selling the domain?

Thanks for your time and let me know your thoughts.

------------------------
This is the post I posted a while back... with all the info I was told to include.
------------------------

Hopefully I'm providing all the info needed. I'd like to sell each domain (no websites) or all 3 together. I've been listing them between 5k and 10k but obviously haven't gotten any bites. Even tried 50k, my hope was it would result in offers but didn't even get views. lol I'm just tired of paying yearly icann fees on these when I do nothing with them, but would prefer to get a good amount for them...

The registration info is taken from December 12th, so the day count is off by about a month now.

stupidmovieblog.com was registered on:
Monday 18th of October 2010
years, 1 months and 23 days
or 4437 days

theeyemates.com was registered on:
Thursday 25th of April 2013
years, 7 months and 15 days
or 3516 days

radletz.com was registered on:
Tuesday 3rd of May 2011
years, 7 months and 8 days
or 4240 days

Godaddy evaluates them at...

Radletz - $1,248.00
StupidMovieBlog - $824.00
TheEyemates - $1,028.00

All they have going for them is the years they've been registered and the easy to remember names. No backlinks or any other value I'm aware of. :)

\

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
EyeMates (much better version) is on sale for 2K so as you can see your pricing is way off.

Radletz— what does it even signify or suggest? Z endings only work on very popular real dictionary words. To me its reg fee name.

StupidMovieBlog— 3 words, one is a negative word, limited usage if at all XX to XXX

Age does not equal good names that people want to buy. They are just aged.

Last edited:
•••
drop them ,if your on the fence and want to keep them transfer to nanesilo or porkbun for under 10 bucks a year with free privacy

•••
These are not good domains.

Brad

•••
I see u having min 1000hour of hardworking domain study like rest of us b4 u have any clue. enjoy

•••
I randomly type in only one domain i promise BiteMyCar.com go daddy appraised it over 1300 , its open for reg if you want to buy it ,thats what i think about godaddy appraisal,,BUT in some cases it does give good appraisals on brand names and geo names ,,but someones got to want them

•••
You just reminded me about me from 2020. ( Still haven't got much better)
If you have come across any high value sales with keywords of similar standard, those obviously sold for their SEO juice.
Every day tons of domains with better value drops and no one touches them. Welcome to this community. Also there is a seperate appraisal section here for such posts

•••
So to recap, you registered these domains 10 to 13 years ago. But, basically didn't get further involved in the domain market, apart from listing them for sale. Had you been active on the domain boards/sites I think you would have learnt a long time ago there really was nothing to be had from these type of random-thinking registrations. Time to cut your losses and let them fade-away is my opinion.

•••
Can't figure any potential in the domains, unfortunately. Right now, your strategy should be "read more, buy less".

•••
Hey Bub

These are just lottery registrations where there is no possible reason a person would buy them, even for reg fee.

Let's define "lottery registration" since that phrase just doesn't seem to sink in with most beginners.

A "lottery registration" is when you buy a domain that is clearly not so good but you are "hoping" (with fingers crossed) a person with sizable funds will come along and pay you ridiculous money for it. And that is the majority of people on this forum. This happens in a blue moon and you are not that person. You should play the lottery instead. It is much more fun and you won't have to painfully wait for your hope to come true.

Trust me, this is not negative. It's assessing things soberly. Ask any long-term domain guy here and they will tell you the same.

What you have registered is just nonsense. Take the bitter pill and move on. By trying to price any of those at $xxxxx, well, you've just proven the lottery registration.

Last edited:
•••
•••
So to recap, you registered these domains 10 to 13 years ago. But, basically didn't get further involved in the domain market, apart from listing them for sale. Had you been active on the domain boards/sites I think you would have learnt a long time ago there really was nothing to be had from these type of random-thinking registrations. Time to cut your losses and let them fade-away is my opinion.
Yup, registered each with plans for a different project. TheEyemates was going to be a game but that was far more expensive than I had planned... Radletz was meant to be some cool bracelets I was very proud of and wanted to sell on ebay but I decided the clasp was too dangerous as is and didn't want to accidentally scratch up people's wrists lol ... And StupidmovieBlog was created because I was helping my dad with a program he bought through an internet marketing company that exchanged posts and it's the only topic I cared to write about... which was fun for a while but didn't result in much... I'm not active on the boards simply because I've never been trying to sell domains as a business, just looking to offload what I have. I'll keep trying to sell them but maybe stop asking for too much...

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Hey Bub

These are just lottery registrations where there is no possible reason a person would buy them, even for reg fee.

Let's define "lottery registration" since that phrase just doesn't seem to sink in with most beginners.

A "lottery registration" is when you buy a domain that is clearly not so good but you are "hoping" (with fingers crossed) a person with sizable funds will come along and pay you ridiculous money for it. And that is the majority of people on this forum. This happens in a blue moon and you are not that person. You should play the lottery instead. It is much more fun and you won't have to painfully wait for your hope to come true.

Trust me, this is not negative. It's assessing things soberly. Ask any long-term domain guy here and they will tell you the same.

What you have registered is just nonsense. Take the bitter pill and move on. By trying to price any of those at $xxxxx, well, you've just proven the lottery registration.
haha I like your explanation and understand why you think that, but I left out of the post that the three domains were sites I made for myself for my own projects. Never had selling the domain in mind... until more recently since I haven't used them in forever and would love to get rid of those expenses.

•••
You just reminded me about me from 2020. ( Still haven't got much better)
If you have come across any high value sales with keywords of similar standard, those obviously sold for their SEO juice.
Every day tons of domains with better value drops and no one touches them. Welcome to this community. Also there is a seperate appraisal section here for such posts
Hah Thanks for the welcome and advice! Shortly after you mentioned it being in the wrong section, namepros moved it. :)

•••
I see u having min 1000hour of hardworking domain study like rest of us b4 u have any clue. enjoy
lol that's okay, i don't wish to go into domain selling, just hoping to offload the domains that I no longer use. They used to say domain age mattered alot.

•••
drop them ,if your on the fence and want to keep them transfer to nanesilo or porkbun for under 10 bucks a year with free privacy
Thanks, I'll check those out... But I thought the icann fee was nonadjustable?

•••
Thanks, I'll check those out... But I thought the icann fee was nonadjustable?
dont know what you mean icann fee is.18 cents your watching your pennies and paying more than double what you should for renewals

Last edited:
•••
dont know what you mean icann fee is.18 cents your watching your pennies and paying more than double what you should for renewals

I thought the domain renewal fee of roughly 20 bucks was called the icann fee lol

•••
This is one of those cases where I think the age kind of works against you, in the sense that, these names have had 10 years for a potential buyer to show interested and it hasn't happened.

I'll see domainers talking about "Aged 20 years!!" sometimes and it just makes me think, wow, two decades and not a single end user...

•••
This is one of those cases where I think the age kind of works against you, in the sense that, these names have had 10 years for a potential buyer to show interested and it hasn't happened.

I'll see domainers talking about "Aged 20 years!!" sometimes and it just makes me think, wow, two decades and not a single end user...
haha I can see that but I didn't start actively trying to sell them till more recently. I've posted them on godaddy auctions a couple times but that was it. lol... now I'm actually looking for forums and domain selling sites, which brought me here.

•••
@synclez

Welcome!

I don't see these as holding value for investment purposes, and I struggle to imagine them selling as everyone else has pointed out.

If you wanted to make a movie blog or something, and you liked that name, that's about the only value I see it having to be honest.

Always happy to be proven wrong and I'll be happy for you if you manage to sell them, but I'd be astonished if you were able to make back even half of what you paid in registration fees for them up to this point.

Best of luck either way!

•••
@synclez

Welcome!

I don't see these as holding value for investment purposes, and I struggle to imagine them selling as everyone else has pointed out.

If you wanted to make a movie blog or something, and you liked that name, that's about the only value I see it having to be honest.

Always happy to be proven wrong and I'll be happy for you if you manage to sell them, but I'd be astonished if you were able to make back even half of what you paid in registration fees for them up to this point.

Best of luck either way!
lol yeah, I think what I'll do is drop the price to the price of all the fees and see what happens... more likely to sell for 200 than 2000 lol . But 2 k just sounds better.

•••
Hey, so I posted this in another spot but since you guys who responded here are the people I was hoping to get answer from, I figured I should just paste it here as well.

Hey, since my domain question was received so well and gave me some good answers, basically that the value isn't as much as I had hoped :), I figured here would be a good place to ask about my iphone game. I'm pretty much in the same boat with it. I'd like to find a new home for it, either sell it or sell the source code. I know Flippa has the option, but I don't have the kind of money to spend on their fees... pretty broke right now. The work thread will be the next thread I check out :).

So, the game... I funded it, finished it, placed it on itunes, sold 1 for 99cents then turned it to free as suggested by an "expert" and when the yearly renewal was coming up, I pulled it because I didn't have the money to pay for it lol. So, I've been sitting on it for about 10 years... Continually try to sell it via gig sites but that just results in offers to build apps...

The reason I figure I should ask here is because Flippa offers app selling, so I figured it must be considered similar... My goal is to simply get back a little more than I put into it... It's an angry birds'ish game but with different gameplay and unique gameplay, but it's also several O.S. updates behind and I can't get ahold of the designer anymore to ask them to update it.

I also don't recall if our coming soon levels are coming soon, as in the coder was going to add later, or if they open as you get further along... She hasn't responded in a few years so no idea. Either way there are tons of levels available already.

The source code has been sold once to someone with the ability of them reselling it (no idea if they did or not) and the coder herself also had in the contract that after so many years, she would be able to use similar concepts.

I don't see this game being very hard to emulate, as it already emulates the catapult a cow computer game, or of course angry birds, but it also has unique gameplay to it as well. Pm me if this interests you (helping me sell it or even buying it) and I can send the video so you can check out the gameplay.
I'm still very proud of it and would be happy to sell just the source code, so i can eventually rerelease this or have it ported to play on my website :) ... but i need funds for rent lol. Thanks for checking out my post and hopefully you have some ideas of how I should go about selling the game.

•••
I do understand your situation but this is not the board for selling What is an old game code of unknown status. maybe now it's posted somebody may respond but I doubt it. I see where your coming from on the Radletz domain and you may be able to sell that to somebody involved in home-made jewelry , but that is a long shot. You seem to be clutching at straws at the moment and that's not a good place to be. Digging these things up from your past endeavors isn't really going to bring in any money, Your going to have to look elsewhere. All the best.

I see the term Radlets, a far better variation on your domain has been used for selling 'Mitten gloves' in the past but that is of no help to you. There are NO results for Radletz which is what I was hoping to find.

Last edited:
•••
Back