IT.COM

discuss Do you own a single letter ( character ) .com domain name ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you own a single letter .com domain ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    20.0%
  • No

votes
    80.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
do you own a single letter .com domain ?

i got the IDN domain :

ā.com ( xn--yda.com )

ā is a regular latin letter a with macron

i got a lot inquieries :

Uniregistry.com 22
Sedo.com 3
Private 3

in the time of smartphones and tablets , it is very simple to type in these IDN letters

it is just a matter of time...

Ā, lowercase ā,

is a grapheme, a Latin A with a macron, is used in several orthographies.

In some languages Ā is used to denote a long A. Examples are the Baltic languages, Polynesian languages, some romanizations of Japanese (rōmaji), Persian, Pashto, Assyrian Neo-Aramaic (which represents a long A sound) and Arabic, and some Latin texts (especially for learners).

In Romanised Mandarin Chinese (pinyin) it is used to represent A spoken with a level high tone (first tone). It is used in some orthography-based transcriptions of English to represent the diphthong /eɪ/ (see Vowel length § Traditional long and short vowels in English orthography), and also in commercial names such as
Drāno
and Powerāde.

In the International Alphabet of Sanskrit Transliteration, Ā represents the open back unrounded vowel, आ, not to be confused with the similar Devanagari character for the mid central vowel, अ.

In the languages other than Sanskrit, Ā is sorted with other A's and is not considered a separate letter. The macron is only considered when sorting words that are otherwise identical. For example, in Māori, tāu (meaning your) comes after tau (meaning year), but before taumata (hill).

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 7.53.42 AM.png

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgEAAAAJDE0ODRhNDNkLTY5NzAtNDIyOS1iZjkwLWM3NDlhOTRmZjEzMw.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
I wish. If I recall, z.com sold for around $8million.

So if I did own a single character dot com, well I would be on the road for early retirement ;)

•••
•••

Single letter (and single number) .com domain are reserved by IANA.
The only available (not reserved), is z.com.

•••
ā.com - single letter a with macron :xf.wink: got already 22 inquieries on Uni Market

•••
Well, I am sorry, but it is not really one letter/character domain. It's 7 character domain.
The domain make absolutely no sense, and the inquires could be even people who do not know what IDN is, or newbies domainers. Good luck tho.

i got the IDN domain :

ā.com ( xn--yda.com )

ā is a regular latin letter a with macron

i got a lot inquieries :

Uniregistry.com 22
Sedo.com 3
Private 3

in the time of smartphones and tablets , it is very simple to type in these IDN letters

it is just a matter of time...

Ā, lowercase ā,

is a grapheme, a Latin A with a macron, is used in several orthographies.

In some languages Ā is used to denote a long A. Examples are the Baltic languages, Polynesian languages, some romanizations of Japanese (rōmaji), Persian, Pashto, Assyrian Neo-Aramaic (which represents a long A sound) and Arabic, and some Latin texts (especially for learners).

In Romanised Mandarin Chinese (pinyin) it is used to represent A spoken with a level high tone (first tone). It is used in some orthography-based transcriptions of English to represent the diphthong /eɪ/ (see Vowel length § Traditional long and short vowels in English orthography), and also in commercial names such as
Drāno and Powerāde.

In the International Alphabet of Sanskrit Transliteration, Ā represents the open back unrounded vowel, आ, not to be confused with the similar Devanagari character for the mid central vowel, अ.

In the languages other than Sanskrit, Ā is sorted with other A's and is not considered a separate letter. The macron is only considered when sorting words that are otherwise identical. For example, in Māori, tāu (meaning your) comes after tau (meaning year), but before taumata (hill).

Show attachment 41781

Show attachment 41780

•••
there are still many single letter domains available out there

•••
•••
Well, I am sorry, but it is not really one letter/character domain. It's 7 character domain.
The domain make absolutely no sense, and the inquires could be even people who do not know what IDN is, or newbies domainers. Good luck tho.

Welcome to the 21th

Don,t think in english

In Germany for example the ä ( latin letter a with diaeresis ) is very important

ärzte.de sold for 56.000.-€ ( doctors )

•••
Welcome to the 21th

Don,t think in english

In Germany for example the ä ( latin letter a with diaeresis ) is very important

ärzte.de sold for 56.000.-€ ( doctors )
German is not a death language :) And they actually have a keyboard.

•••
Yes, and there is a reason for that.

You are right

It means many people are operational blind
They don,t see the Forest because of all the trees

By the time you will understand

•••
German is not a death language :) And they actually have a keyboard.

As you might know in Germany are the best country sales

Poker.de sold for 695.000.-€

And by the way - English is a west germanic language

Just to let you know

•••
I got some IDNs which make more sense:

法案.com
العبة.com
č.net

You are right

It means many people are operational blind
They don,t see the Forest because of all the trees

By the time you will understand

•••
•••
•••
I am with eurorealtor. IDNs are not single character domains and outside of actual real word placements (like the german ones you mentioned) they dont sell.

With good reason. They are close to impossible to navigate to directly. Unless you invest in one of those rare official gibberish keyboards. But they are real expensive....

•••
Single letter (and single number) .com domain are reserved by IANA.
The only available (not reserved), is z.com.
I thought there were 3?
q.com
z.com
not sure of the third..maybe only 2.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back