IT.COM

discuss Do you list at different prices on different places

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Have you ever tried listing the same domain on 3/4 marketplace, all at different price points?
How did it work?

Do people actually check the lowest listed price or do they not check and purchase from anywhere they land first?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I list most of my domains at Dan & GoDaddy.. I typically price Godaddy at a 10% higher price point to compensate for their higher commission rates.
That is the only time I vary my prices... to equalize the net return.

•••
When I use to have BIN everywhere, my prices were different to compensate for the differences in commission rates

•••
On some platforms I deliberately price some domains way too high (*), when I don't really want to sell them at that place. Sometimes they do sell for that higher price, and then it tells me that the buyer didn't investigate things thoroughly.

(*) way higher = over 5 times higher than Price * conversion for higher commission * conversion for other currency.

•••
I've become increasingly transparent with pricing. I let the buyer know that any marketplace they choose is fine with me...I tell them the price of my domain, with payment in full being made within 48 hours, is X.

If the marketplace they prefer has a 25% commission, I let the buyer know up front that the extra will be added to my quoted price of X.

More often than not, their preferred marketplace turns out not be such a big deal after all.

•••
No. It becomes far too hard to keep track of everything if you do that.

Brad

•••
I'm sure most people do

Different platforms have different buyers, and in addition, commissions vary from platform to platform:xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back