IT.COM

Do You Like The Change?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do You Like The Change?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes!

votes
    38.1%
  • Not Sure :/

votes
    23.7%
  • No!

votes
    38.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Love it! Only thing I would love to see is the same 'Spy' feature as DP which shows the latest posts instantly without having to refresh :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I really dont like the color shceme.. it just seems too bright and faded... I can barely make out the np logo.

Im also in afghanistan using a lcd but that doesnt effect anything.

Its going to take some getting us to as Ive used the old forum for years.

•••
I really dont like the color shceme.. it just seems too bright and faded... I can barely make out the np logo.

Im also in afghanistan using a lcd but that doesnt effect anything.

Its going to take some getting us to as Ive used the old forum for years.

My advice, sir; scroll down to the bottom of the page, in the left corner...you can switch back to how it was. I agree, pink, not so great. The overall new scheme I like.

•••
Overall, I like the upgrade
One of my favorite new features is when you post a url it pulls the page title.
Thanks again for making old theme available! :D

•••
I dislike the "Did you find this post helpful?" feature, some people are using it to neg posts that they disagree with. No need to invite trolling.

Be nice if there was a small screen option. The text is smushed into about half the screen width to make room for a w-i-d-e user section and two pretty bands of color on the sides. Makes fotr a lot of scrolling.

But overall the changes are fine.

•••
I really do not like the new NP. I find myself going back to the "other" domain forum on a much more regular basis since the changes were made at NP.

The changes are just too much and if I was a newbie looking at NP for the first time there is no way I would stick around. When I first found NP it was simply to understand, register, and post.

With all of these changes I would be completely turned-off the first time NamePros - Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names loaded into my browser if I was a newbie.

•••
One thing I really like about the format is my ability to see the market at the same time I see everything else. I just think that it makes the sales threads much more visible, increasing the odds that there will be more successful sales made here. I know that I just bought a site yesterday that I would never have noticed with the old setup.

•••
I like it. However I would like to see the iSpy feature on the home page ....

I may make this my new home page.

:D

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Post number 1999
NN

Last edited:
•••
They added the feature I wanted the most!

Now, when composing a post or PM, I can highlight some text once and then apply all the styles I want (bold, italic, underline, size, color, etc.) without having to re-highlight it each time. This will save me hours and mucho frustration.

YAY!

•••
I think the iSpy feature on the sidebar of the homepage would be great instead of the static "Latest Threads" module. This way, I can see everything going on from the homepage :cy:

I also cannot wait until the 'under construction' sidebar is replaced or gone :) Its quite annoying to keep seeing that (waste of space).

I like it. However I would like to see the iSpy feature on the home page ....

I may make this my new home page.

:D

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Post number 1999
NN

•••
I really do not like the new NP. I find myself going back to the "other" domain forum on a much more regular basis since the changes were made at NP.

The changes are just too much and if I was a newbie looking at NP for the first time there is no way I would stick around. When I first found NP it was simply to understand, register, and post.

With all of these changes I would be completely turned-off the first time NamePros - Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names loaded into my browser if I was a newbie.

Specifically, is there something on the "other" domain forum that you like better? They're running the same version of the same software.

•••
They added the feature I wanted the most!

Now, when composing a post or PM, I can highlight some text once and then apply all the styles I want (bold, italic, underline, size, color, etc.) without having to re-highlight it each time. This will save me hours and mucho frustration.

YAY!

Agreed, glad we are done with that!

--

I miss the tabs on the front page that organized what section of the forum you want to go to.. I love the ispy feature, has it always been around?

•••
iSpy is new.

Should we bring the tabs back?

•••
iSpy is awesome .... home page worthy for sure..... I think
it would cause considerably more interaction .... :talk: I
bet you would see a noticable increase in posting avgs.

Other home page hopes include:

"Members in Chat"
"Groups" rotation
"I'm following" feature

I'd like to follow the posts of certain
NPs members. So an "I'm following" feature
would be hot. dunno if this is a do able
thang or not. I can still just do it
the old way .....

NN

•••
Yeah that whole right column was designed to give us more room for content. Now that the upgrade is done, we can get onto building the new features that will utilize that area.

•••
Great, cant wait to see whats going to be implemented there :) Just wondering, are the 'highlighted' threads going to be coming back anytime soon?

Yeah that whole right column was designed to give us more room for content. Now that the upgrade is done, we can get onto building the new features that will utilize that area.

•••
•••
I like the change with two exceptions:

1. Mid-thread ads - Very annoying. Maybe it will just take getting used to, but the ad always signified the end of the thread page. I find myself clicking the back button and then realizing that I wasn't done.

2. Marketplace and Discussion Tabs - It just helped to reduce the clutter on the homepage and made it easier to navigate. You could keep the rest of the homepage the way it is, but just bring back the tabs.

Just my $0.022 (or is that my $0.017) ;)

•••
Wohoo ^_^ Don't tell me you've had this for years :p

+1... if this live update (à la DIGG spy) has been around for long, it's (pleasant) news for me!

Rob

•••
In this moment the change is pretty nice and will be a lot much better if you add back that menu/tabs for the forum :)

Attachments

• namepros.jpg
    namepros.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 34
•••
out with the new in with the old .. or is it the other way?
prefer the old.
I like to see all the forums, subforums listed on front page, with last post displayed for each forum.
ok, so I have to scroll-l-l-l-l-l more, but that's fine with me.

change is not always for the better, unless real value is added.:imho:
People take comfort in the familiar...hey take a look at Drudge!
You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

gopher (old dog)

•••
where's ispy? dont see it

•••
•••
i like the change with two exceptions:

1. Mid-thread ads - very annoying. Maybe it will just take getting used to, but the ad always signified the end of the thread page. I find myself clicking the back button and then realizing that i wasn't done.

2. Marketplace and discussion tabs - it just helped to reduce the clutter on the homepage and made it easier to navigate. You could keep the rest of the homepage the way it is, but just bring back the tabs.

Just my $0.022 (or is that my $0.017) ;)

+1

•••
Other than the doubling of the membership fee, I like the #1 Namepros™ forum updates! :p :music: :imho:

-Jeff B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back