IT.COM

Do you eat with domaining?

NameSilo
Watch

mpls

Top Member
Impact
And...
Do you pay rent (or mortgage) for your house (and ALL other costs) with domaining?
Do you pay your car with domaining?
Do you live with domaining?
Or, with your sells, do you pay your "fun", your portfolio renewal and your holiday with it?
Simplify: Is domaining your WORK? Or do you have a stable job and domaing is an hobby for your free time?
My answer is simply, I'm a newbie in domain industry, but I realize live with domaing is very hard (impossible?).
In my country, in Europe, you need 2/3k (euro, not bucks) EVERY month to live with dignity (pay house + small car + extra).
And make 2/3k per month (and EVERY month if you had to pay mortgage or rent) with domaing is very very hard.
Are there in nP who live with domaing and it's full time work?
Is it possible earn 2/3k per month and every month with domaing and make domaining your stable work?
Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don´t like writing long posts so the short answer to all your questions is YES ... ;)
(YES = possible NOT easy ...) and I´m in Europe to.

•••
I would not want to rely on "eating" with domainer profits, you may eat like a King for six months and then it's back to Two Minute Noodles ...........at Xmas
~
Good luck if you can sustain it though

•••
YES for all. Very difficult to sustain and get YES for all those answers on consistent basis. It's possible even for someone who is going to start now. Needs lot of hard work and more importantly patience.

•••
In Europe also, living with less than 1k/month. Totally possible, yes. Just do it!

•••
This is my job and I think about quitting all the time.

It is a full time job, way more than your average job.

It is addicting and maddening at the same time.

It is amazing to me how so many people get into this every day with $$ in their eyes.

They think they are on the road to riches.

NOT!!

This real job and a real grind - every single day.

Is there good money in it?

If you work hard, sure.

Will you get rich?

Probably not, those days are gone, but you will get lucky with a good sale now and then.

I think about going back to web development full time, all the time.

A few important things though -

Your education will be expensive and the learning curve is steep.

Most will never "get" it and will lose $ and never be a success.

Many, many new domainers are not English speakers and judging from the posts at NP do not have a strong enough grasp of the English language to make the best choices in .coms.

Too many newbies will follow the "experts" who they think have all the answers.

NOT!!

They will learn soon what a mistake that is.

There is a lot of good advice here, but also a lot of very, very bad advice as well.

You will never make it in this game if you do not have a brain in your head and you don't do your own research.

If you believe and follow the gurus you are screwing yourself.

Study, study, study and research the market.

Live and breath this sh*t and maybe you will make it.

When and if you do, you might wind up hating it, but it will be too late - you have been assimilated by the Borg.

Kiss your life goodbye - you are now a domainer tied to your chair in front of your screen 14 hours a day.

Good luck to you.

•••
just wait until that big ass medical or dental bill hits, or having to pay for prescription medications, then see how you living.

in europe, med care is lot different than usa

so save yo duckies and or get job with some benefits.

imo....

•••
Yes, I do pay all from my earnings from Domaining :)

•••
Its my hobby not my job. I do domaining for fun. I have transport business, tours and travels company and 2 franchises of a telecom company. Particularly in India I don't think it is possible to live on domaining. This is because its a new concept here. About 60% don't know what domain is and how one can earn from this.
P.S. These are my personal views, these may vary from person to person.

•••
How to earn 5 to 10 US dollars per day? :D :D :D

•••
just part-time job and I bought my house by domaining profit.

•••
My wife is a tour organizer, so we live from that as well. I also do some translations for a company and receive commissions from tour and hotel booking.

BUT, yes, the domaining would pay the bills.

•••
Unfortunately no. but i wish. :/

•••
Sometimes the one or the other little wishes, but is still a huge milestone from since I am only 18 years old.

Meanwhile other kids in my age are only focused on having partys, going out for nightlife, consuming alcohol/drugs, wasting their time with TV/smartphones (social networks), [...] everything unashamedly at their parents costs, my daily thoughts are how to get better and better at this business. :)

Last edited:
•••
Sometimes the one or the other little wishes, but is still a huge milestone from since I am only 18 years old.

Meanwhile other kids in my age are only focused on having partys, going out for nightlife, consuming alcohol/drugs, wasting their time with TV/smartphones (social networks), [...] everything unashamedly at their parents costs, my daily thoughts are how to get better and better at this business. :)

With such great thoughts and patience (if you have), you will definitely succeed and wish you all the best for that :)

•••
Well, I pay for domaining with my domaining... and, yeah, that's pretty much it :rolleyes:
It's a hobby that pays for itself.

If I were to rely on it to pay my bills I would hate it - way too unpredictable and therefore too stressful.

•••

Hey I'm also 18 , you're right about all this stuff.We should talk..

•••
I eating while domaining :D

•••
Yes, I eat my brekkie with .donuts
Then lunch with .pizza
Then night with .sex

•••
Definitely a hobby. You need a big bank roll along with the knowledge to live off the profits.

•••
I would not want to rely on "eating" with domainer profits, you may eat like a King for six months and then it's back to Two Minute Noodles ...........at Xmas
~
Good luck if you can sustain it though

Or you could save some money from the good months and spend it during the bad months. It's a mistake to assume good months will continue forever and spend all the profits right away. Save and re-invest. That's true for all jobs, nt just domaining.

•••
the short answer to all your questions is YES ... ;)
and I´m in Europe to

Many, many new domainers are not English speakers and judging from the posts at NP do not have a strong enough grasp of the English language to make the best choices in .coms.

that where estibot helps you to avoid stupid decisions

•••
Not yet but I'm working on it!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back