Domain Empire

Do you believe in God

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kunal kumar

Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting thread for NP. In short, yes, I believe in God and to a lesser extent a Goddess. I, however, do not believe in organized religion. It breeds hypocrisy, injustice and hate.

I am a Christian Wiccan. I grew up a Baptist, left the church in my late teens, studied other religions, and ended up converting to Wiccan. As I got older and gained more understanding of nature and myself, I came back to a Christian based belief, but with a different perspective.

Gods teachings are wonderful, but most Christians do not follow them at all. Wiccan is very similar to the same teachings and overlaps in many ways. Do not judge others as you do not have the right, this right only belongs to God. Treat others with love and respect, even if you do not agree with them. Everyone has a right to live their life as they choose, so long as it doesn't impact the ability for someone else to do the same.

I have never seen anything in the evolutionary argument to convince me that all of everything just happened, and life is just happenstance. I cannot pretend to know when or how, but I believe all was created by God, and life comes from the joining of God and the Goddess of nature.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents
Blessed Be

•••
Come now, everyone knows Morgan Freeman is god. :laugh:

•••
I do not believe in God because God does not want me to believe in him. Too much injustice in the world and God does nothing. - Now it is when some Christian believes that God made something for his life, which I see as a egocentricity, let's be honest, on the global scale calamities your problem and your request is nothing.
Burke once said: “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”
It is the responsibility for believers to show the love of God towards others, I am confident that God has a divine plan that will be fulfilled in it's time.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Oh, really?

That's funny, because studies show that only the most ignorant among us fall for religion. University professors are 94% openly atheist, and many the the remaining 6% are not allowed to be openly atheist on fear of death by religious nutjobs.

The dumbest US states, which also have the highest rates of poverty, rape, murder, robbery, incest, and teen pregnancy is the US Bible Belt.

Around the world, Western Europe is now over 50% atheist, and has the highest standard of living and lowest crime rates in the world. The most religious nations have the highest crime rates in the world and lowest standard of living.

atheist_soapbox_reality2-resized-260x130.jpg

BTW - how funny that you are using an atheist-created computer running an atheist-created OS and an atheist-created internet to spread your atheist-bashing nonsense.
Thanks for your points. I dont love them, but they are hard to deny the correleations. lol.
As for me, i grew up christian, but as of today, once we remove fear, i have noticed several INCONCISTENCIES about religion. And from my 30+ years on earth, i know that when i find inconsistencies, i've not found truth.
1) why am i not naturally "wired' to worship? some seem to be naturally wired to just worship and "follow"(as opposed to using their brains and common sense instead)
2) why whenever i hear a story about God, 99% of the time its actually a story about man and how idiotic, wicked,desperate and foolish he is?
3) Why do we have ALL these religions? like whose off? someone is right? so whose wrong? some surely are off or wrong...now how do we know the one we are following is NOT wrong?
4)You dont need religion to live a good life- look at first world countries, like @WebInceptions stated earlier- western european countries for example live good lives, and even rellgious developing countries still admire them and want to live in their countries?
5)I trust my common sense over any book even men cant agree on.
6) Many times people bring up God or religion, it doesnt even apply to the situation.
7) Am not an athiest,but my christianity is on very shaky grounds.
I do believe there are some laws of the world, like karma though.

•••
there is no God

never was

even not @ God.com

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 6.47.28 PM.png

•••
•••
•••
i do and dont... but i did pick up the domain is/god/real.com :-D:-D:-D

•••
I believe in God, but not how most people interpit believe, when most people say they believe in God they simply mean they acknowledge his exsistance, but when the Bible talks of believe like in John 3:16(for Salvation) it means you put your Faith in him, just like when you sit in a chair and believe it wont collapse on you, so you put your faith in it. A parachute is another example. The bible says even Demons believe in God(acknowledge him).
Joe T

•••
" when you sit in a chair and believe it wont collapse on you, so you put your faith in it."

No, you don't.

You accept evidence that the chair will hold you, based on your knowledge of the materials it was made from and your observations of others sitting in similar chairs. The same with your parachute example, your measuring risk based on observable data.

Faith is the OPPOSITE of that. Faith is an IRRATIONAL belief which in absence or contradictory to the available evidence.

An example of faith would be if you believed that drinking a bottle of water that a greasy salesman sold you for $1,000 would make you rich and cure your illness. This is exactly what is happening right now at some churches, BTW.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back