IT.COM

Do the Math: Domain Market Comeback Continues With Blockbuster Sale of MathGames.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new weekly domain sales Report is out at DNJournal.com. For the 7th consecutive week the domain aftermarket has produced at least one six-figure (or higher) sale. MathGames.com did the honors this week after Bill Karamouzis revealed in our current Cover Story that he paid $725,000 in a private transaction to get the name. The MathGames.com sale is the 2nd highest transaction reported so far this year

The year's 2nd biggest ccTLD sale was also reported this week. Wayne Haroutunian's Irex Corp sold a Canadian country code domain for $99,000.Thanks to another big ccTLD sale this week (a $50,000 name) - two of the year's four biggest sales in that category were rung up this week. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2013/20130814.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great sale for seller,must be overjoyed.

Please tell me why you think MathGames.com is worth $725000 to the buyer.

•••
Great sale for seller,must be overjoyed.

Please tell me why you think MathGames.com is worth $725000 to the buyer.

I'm curious to know who offered / asked for what...I asked myself the same question as you but came to this. If you have the right domain, at the right time for a motivated buyer, you can get the price you want or more. Timing is key! This guy knew the product he was bringing to the market would fetch millions beyond the domain price. He has done it before so if you read about him, he knew what he was doing.

I once regged a domain and two weeks later a travel org called and offered $2500. Timing with a little luck is everything. That is the day domains became like a drug to me...I was hooked!

•••
First off, it's good to see some Canadian names showing up on the sales board and ccTLD sales are always a nice extra on top of the usual .COM sales..

As far as MathGames.com goes, I think part of it does come down to luck like scorzaze said. Keep in mind that kind of money may not be allot to the buyer. He may also have investors or big plans for the name which could produce a return on his investment in the future.

•••
•••
Doesn't get much better than that. This guy was the ultimate end-user for this domain.

•••
I'm not good at math, but I figure that if a domain gets sold for $725,000, that means the market is live and kicking. About time too! :lala:

•••
I'm not good at math, but I figure that if a domain gets sold for $725,000, that means the market is live and kicking. About time too! :lala:
Alright!!... let me go hand reg mathgame.biz. :laugh:

•••
:lol: A good example of what not to do.

•••
•••
I always thought his CookingGames.com sale at $350,000 was a publicity stunt. This could be also.

•••
I always thought his CookingGames.com sale at $350,000 was a publicity stunt. This could be also.

But would anyone besides domainers care how much the domain was sold for?

•••
Hey guys some pretty wide ranging comments here!

This interview might shed more light on the entire matter:...

{Arg can't post links... its live on DomainSherpa now though}

Would be happy to comment more directly if anyone is interested but the value is fairly straight forward and some of thats explained in more length in the interview.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back