Domain Empire

question Do some people ask to purchase domains with crypto? Would you trust

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

inspiredme

Established Member
Impact
would you trust someone asking to pay in a domain name through crypto??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
yeah i dont think hes a scammer, ive seen him on social media platforms and his profile on Linked in and his role in the company he works at, it matches to all his other profiles..

•••
If you use an escrow service, it doesn't matter what payment method you choose, it will be safe.
And if you don't, it will always be risky.

•••
I was wondering how many of us on here use crypto, I will pay and accept payment via coinbase as all verified accounts totally know who it is you are dealing with. (If that helps any)...

•••
Just because they wanted to pay in bitcoin doesn't make it a scam. DAN.com does accept bitcoin, but in most cases I don't believe it is an option until they submit verification docs (had this happen with a potential buyer myself). I thought it was an automatic option too but it wasn't until they asked for it, and I believe only once they are KYC'd will it open up as a payment option. Once you put more hurdles like that in the way (really more verifying for that than with fiat) then it delays deals and gives them a chance to second guess. Either way though, if they are legitimate and their interest is strong enough, all that shouldn't be a total deal breaker.

I disagree. KYC destroys crypto philosophy and a total deal breaker. KYC and crypto can not be combined in the same sentence as they are fundamentally enemy of each other.

•••
I was wondering how many of us on here use crypto, I will pay and accept payment via coinbase as all verified accounts totally know who it is you are dealing with. (If that helps any)...

I use only crypto. For me it's the safest payment method. Scam is more likely with Paypal and similar centralized payment methods in fiat. You must use bitcoin escrow if you don't trust the person who will receive or send crypto. Keep in mind that all trades involve risks and using crypto as a payment method you actually lower the risks, not raise. As crypto is newer than traditional payment methods people don't know about it enough. So fearing of the unknown is a normal human reaction. Once you start using crypto daily you will regret that you didn't start using it earlier.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back