IT.COM

question Do some people ask to purchase domains with crypto? Would you trust

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

inspiredme

Established Member
Impact
would you trust someone asking to pay in a domain name through crypto??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it is via a trusted escrow/marketplace like Dan, I will trust. Otherwise there are high chances it is a scam.

Did the potential buyer asked for " a certificate" ? If yes, 99.999% it is a scam.

Last edited:
•••
no he didnt askfor a certificate. I met him on the flippa site. i think he genuinely wants to buy it, but im not sure

•••
no he didnt askfor a certificate. I met him on the flippa site. i think he genuinely wants to buy it, but im not sure
Use an escrow service that allows crypto payments like dan.com and you will be fine

•••
yes, im going to tell him i will take it off flippa on dan, i usually use dan anayway, then he can select that option

•••
yes, im going to tell him i will take it off flippa on dan, i usually use dan anayway, then he can select that option
Great, wish you the best

•••
If using a trusted 3rd party, yes. If its a "trust me bro" situation, then no

•••
If using a trusted 3rd party, yes. If its a "trust me bro" situation, then no
well i put the domain on dan and it supposedly has a bitcoin option when i fillout the form theres no bitcoin option. He said hes going to think about it now and look at other domains he might be interested in and get back to me

•••
Use a Simple Triange
1. Send Half The Money
2. Send the Domain
3. Send the rest of the money
4. Complete the transact and tip your third party trustee

I think that's what escrow means

•••
You can also use epik.com which seems a better option than dan when using crypto payments.

•••
You can also use epik.com which seems a better option than dan when using crypto payments.
thats helpful for next time thanks

•••
I would prefer it. Send it to me, when i receive it, you will get epp or push
Namesilo accepts bitcoin for payment.

•••
well i put the domain on dan and it supposedly has a bitcoin option when i fillout the form theres no bitcoin option. He said hes going to think about it now and look at other domains he might be interested in and get back to me
He is likely scamming you. There is clearly a bitcoin symbol at checkout when he goes to pay. Leave it up with DAN imo.

•••

careful. if u tell him on flippa to go to dan..then they will take u off flippa

•••
Use a Simple Triange
1. Send Half The Money
2. Send the Domain
3. Send the rest of the money
4. Complete the transact and tip your third party trustee

I think that's what escrow means
1. Send half the money
2. Send the domain
3. Trust buyer sends the other half
4. The buyer doesn't send the other half, gets a 50% discount. No tip

No, escrow is different, to avoid those kind of bs situations. The escrow provider gets the "full" payment (not half), and only after confirming that, the domain will be sent. Once the buyer has successfully received the domain, the escrow provider then release the "full" payment to the other side

Last edited:
•••
He is likely scamming you. There is clearly a bitcoin symbol at checkout when he goes to pay. Leave it up with DAN imo.
I don’t think he is I think he is a genuine buyer. It wasn’t up for sale on Dan before because I added it on another platform so there was no crypto option. But he said he might contact me later he’s looking at other domains.
I don’t think he is I think he is a genuine buyer. It wasn’t up for sale on Dan before because I added it on another platform so there was no crypto option. But he said he might contact me later he’s looking at other domains. Yeah I contacted Dan and the crypto option isn’t as easy there’s a whole process on it, but anyway if he’s still interested he will reach out again.

•••
1. Send half the money
2. Send the domain
3. Trust buyer sends the other half
4. The buyer doesn't send the other half, gets a 50% discount. No tip

No, escrow is different, to avoid those kind of bs situations. The escrow provider gets the "full" payment (not half), and only after confirming that, the domain will be sent. Once the buyer has successfully received the domain, the escrow provider then release the "full" payment to the other side
Yeah I prefer to get the full payment unless someone genuinely is unable to pay all of it in full obviously I don’t mind to work something out with them.

•••
Yeah I prefer to get the full payment unless someone genuinely is unable to pay all of it in full obviously I don’t mind to work something out with them.
Payment plan / lease options are fine, a top provider will help with that. Never do any "blind trust"

Last edited:
•••
Payment plan / lease options are fine, a top provider will help with that. Never do any "blind trust"
Yes of course, I do think this dude is genuine though after speaking with him through telegram. He said if he doesn’t purchase a domain before March he will message me again

•••
careful. if u tell him on flippa to go to dan..then they will take u off flippa
ohh really, luckily i didnt mention Dan to him on flippa, he gave me his telegram and we spoke about it on there, thanks for letting me know that

•••
You look like to be in a classic scam scenario. Be careful if the person tries to get you to use some obscure (and obviously fake) crypto """"escrow""" site.

Last edited:
•••
I would consider taking it under the right circumstances, but there are so many scams you have to navigate.

I would only consider using a third party escrow service or taking full payment upfront, anything else I would pass on.

Brad

•••
Sure... I would take crypto. Get paid first, then send domain. lol.

or use a known marketplace like Epik or Dan. Epik is great with crypto.

•••
Just because they wanted to pay in bitcoin doesn't make it a scam. DAN.com does accept bitcoin, but in most cases I don't believe it is an option until they submit verification docs (had this happen with a potential buyer myself). I thought it was an automatic option too but it wasn't until they asked for it, and I believe only once they are KYC'd will it open up as a payment option. Once you put more hurdles like that in the way (really more verifying for that than with fiat) then it delays deals and gives them a chance to second guess. Either way though, if they are legitimate and their interest is strong enough, all that shouldn't be a total deal breaker.

Last edited:
•••
You look like to be in a classic scam scenario. Be careful if the person tries to get you to use some obscure (and obviously fake) crypto """"escrow""" site.

For context:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/beware-of-this-scam.1231429/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/bu...y-w-bitcoin-via-a-crypto-escrow-site.1232211/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/have-i-been-scammed-yes.1218553/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/bitcoin-escrow-scam.1201477/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/list-of-crypto-scam-websites.1209798/

Usually goes this way: Flippa (check) -> Telegram/Whatsapp (check) -> Some fake crypto escrow site

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back