IT.COM

discuss Do Some Brokers Offer Referral Bonuses? Should they?

NameSilo
Watch

Candace

Broker at Starfire HoldingsTop Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
Suppose I find a great domain that isn't being used well. There is a website, but it is ancient--very ancient. Through my own brokerage work, I know that domains like these may be great websites to broker - obviously if you can get an 'ancient' owner to agree to sell it.

Do any brokers have a referral bonus service? That is, if you tell them about the domain, they reach out to the owner and are able to successfully represent and sell the domain, you get a referral bonus for telling them about it in the first place.
Or maybe even a service where, you reach out to the owner and get the ball rolling, then bring the broker in on the back end to find a buyer? (Of course, option 2 would be a step up for more profits).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do any brokers have a referral bonus service? That is, if you tell them about the domain, they reach out to the owner and are able to successfully represent and sell the domain, you get a referral bonus for telling them about it in the first place.

Sounds like an interesting idea, that could really potentially increase opportunities for a brokerage. Granted, the broker who receives the lead would likely need a high degree of integrity, providing the bonus after a successful brokered sale.
Or maybe even a service where, you reach out to the owner and get the ball rolling, then bring the broker in on the back end to find a buyer? (Of course, option 2 would be a step up for more profits).
This might work, if someone is great at finding leads, and then works with that domain or website owner to decide on the best brokerage and top notch broker options. The successful brokered deal then could provide that bonus commission to the referrer.
If someone has a really top-notch domain, that could be a great service.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back