IT.COM

discuss Do people still buy .net domains?

NameSilo
Watch

MicroMox

Established Member
Impact
I am fairly new to this business but I have come across pretty good .net domains over the past few months. I don't know if they are considered "good" but they are short like 3 - 5 characters. My friend has this domain snoop.net and he doesn't know what to do with it. Any advice?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hope so because I've got a couple to sell. I guess the other question is - are people still registering .net names? If people aren't registering them, then that must affect the sales market for established names.

•••
It's very simple: renew it until it sells or drop it.

•••
Tell his friend to donate me this name. .net have zero value nowadays

•••
People still buy .net domain with some descent cash not much but you need to be careful.

CVCV.net & pronounce able domain get sold quickly.

https://namebio.com/?s==kTM1MTO2ITM

•••
I am joking, if a .net is a strong keyword has definitely some value.

•••
.net still certainly have value, good ones can still fetch 3 figure prices but unlikely to get 4 or 5 figure sales unless it's a really strong keyword as mentioned above.

•••
Hmmm your friend sold his domain yesterday OR did he acquire the domain yesterday?

snoop.net 910 USD 2017-06-03

Last edited:
•••
•••
.net imo is slowly slowly gaining behind .com you can see it in the sales every month. At some point .com will be truly saturated and either .net or another strong gTLD will have to follow.

•••
if you're new to domaining, stay away from .net and stick purely to .com.

good luck.

•••
Good words especially short ones, numericals up to 4 characters and domain hacks (if they are good) seem to be popular including the pla.net hacks especially.
Only buy them if you see offers or too good to not get in drop lists. Rule of thumb when starting stick to coms as you'll register some weird stuff in the beginning. That's my take and I agree with @LucidDomains. Hope that helps. :)

•••
Yeah definitely stick to .com for now if you're new just keep an eye on .net

•••
Just from a hosting/domain reg perspective, new client signups for .net registrations in 2017 have exceeded .com in our business. Additionally, many clients signing up for hosting (but not registering domain names) are hosting with .net. Much more in 2017 than in years past.

•••
.net still certainly have value, good ones can still fetch 3 figure prices but unlikely to get 4 or 5 figure sales unless it's a really strong keyword as mentioned above.
@deez007 What do you think about Virtualizer /dot/ net - strong or not strong?

•••
@deez007 What do you think about Virtualizer /dot/ net - strong or not strong?

Hmmm I think this is a keeper. Especially considering the AR/VR niche is doing well. If it was me, I would def hang on to it.

•••
Hmmm I think this is a keeper. Especially considering the AR/VR niche is doing well. If it was me, I would def hang on to it.
Thanks! of course I will - I just got it a few days ago :xf.smile:

•••
•••
Ive sold a couple .nets to end users lately. I'd say good a one word or bandable .net should sell for a nice amount, but not compared to .com (of course).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back