IT.COM

question Do you still see .net search results?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I think the number of search results with .net as the extension has reduced drastically in my searches.
I do not know about others but I hardly see any.

Is it because people have stopped or reduced using .net as an extension for development or is my inference biased?

Is this happening with you as well? Like more .co, .io, cctld of your country, .org and .com results or are you getting .net results as well?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have noticed that registrars like Godaddy are not suggesting .net domains at all to users even if the .net is available. Instead they are pushing trendier new extensions. In order to purchase a .net you have to explicitly type it. I think this is one reason why. ~my 2 cents

•••
I have noticed that registrars like Godaddy are not suggesting .net domains at all to users even if the .net is available.

Interesting. It must be country, or perhaps some other user dependent, @.h2o. as for me if I look say in Word1Word2 .com and it is not available, GD do show me the .net or .org if available, as well as plural in .com and some new extensions or general country code, normally. I agree I don't see promotion of .net as an extension on the home page though, as I recall.

Re your question, @abstractdomainer I am not sure. It is true that I don't see many .net results in search, I think, but did I ever. Not sure.

At least as Alexa 1M show it, I have been looking lately, and some massive changes in popularity for a few websites of late. I am hoping to do something detailed on that in the not distant future.

Thanks for question, and sorry I have no clear answer to offer.

Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back