Dynadot

information Do not use gmail for your business

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Premiums

find.venturesTop Member
Impact
Google can deactivate your gmail account anytime without any reason

Thank you for contacting us about your disabled Google Account.

Your request has been reviewed, but unfortunately your account can't be restored because it was found to have been used in a way that violated Google's policies.

The Google Accounts Team

Ive never ever sent any emails from this account. It was created for brand protection.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
did they say which policies it violated?

google doesn't mess around and when they say it violated policy then it violated policy... same goes pretty much for all other major companies some people tend to complain about in this manner.. be it paypal.. ebay... or others...

I use google for countlesss years... couple accounts.. I never had a single issue with anything, and its basically the best email in this galaxy. not sure abotu other galaxies though. there could be better.

•••
•••
no. thats why i created this thread.

honestly, those big companies.. google.. ebay.. paypal.. they never delete accounts for no reason.. its not even good for their biz lol... some reasons are better tan others for sure... but in all cases ever I read about.. of people having issues.. if was never for NO reason.

couple wild guesses for your case..

- your brand violated some other brand tm.. whether rightly or not, it still constitutes a reason.. versus no reason.. and if wrong tm violation u think, then email them to discuss.

- since you never used it.. maybe it was deleted for inactivity after long time.

hope you get it solved.

gl

Last edited:
•••
I sent many emails to google top level management in past to sell my domain through gmail. But my gmail didn't got deactivated

•••
Were you using basically just Gmail or Gsuite/Gapps ?

I've been using Gmail since they launched it and their professional solutions (can't recall what Gsuite was called at the time) for ages. Not a single issue ever.

•••
You might have a domain which is a google product.??

•••
Gmail is a trusted service around for a very long time and used by millions of people.

•••
Domainers should be using their own domain names for E-mail.
Perhaps end users will take you a bit more seriously. You want to sell them domains and you use a free service for E-mail, they can see that and that is not right.

•••
If, you violate one policy they block the whole email. Google always has a reason you most likely did some sort of copyrighted content or spam emails. Either, that or someone hacked your account as google doesn't suspend for no reason. I've used google actually both @gmail and Custom domain and neither has been suspended in all these 12+ years.

Last edited:
•••
Domainers should be using their own domain names for E-mail.
Perhaps end users will take you a bit more seriously. You want to sell them domains and you use a free service for E-mail, they can see that and that is not right.

You can use your own domain with Gmail. It's just $5/month I think.

•••
Indeed. But then it's not obvious to outsiders and you can always host it elsewhere.

•••
Were you using basically just Gmail or Gsuite/Gapps ?

I've been using Gmail since they launched it and their professional solutions (can't recall what Gsuite was called at the time) for ages. Not a single issue ever.

i use simple gmail

•••
it was cityof****@gmail.com account for cityof****.com domain protection
never sent any email
1 month old account

•••
did they say which policies it violated?
and its basically the best email in this galaxy. not sure abotu other galaxies though. there could be better.

As a (past?) astronomer I have to add that the amail in the Andromeda galaxy is definitely better! :xf.grin:

But agree that here in the Milky Way gmail is pretty good!

•••
i use simple gmail

Regular Gmail is fine by me as long as you don't use letsgocrazy1985 at Gmail for an address ;)

A custom domain is always better. If you're trying to convince someone they absolutely need a domain it's a better show if you're using one yourself as well.

•••
You, can try mailgun it's free (the only downside to MG is in the past they've been known to block emails from AOL, but who uses them these days lol might be a fix for that issue anyways.).

•••
I have been using gmail for a while and I can't tell they don't deactivate email like that. Maybe you should find out the main reason, as it can also affects your new email both free and paid email.

•••
Me too, my Gmail Account was suspended 3 years ago, I have contact them 17 times to inquire about the reason why the suspend my account, but I didn't get any response.

and do you know What make me angry ?? Because of that I have lost so many customers and so many emails that linked to my gmail account ( security email) and about 200 websites accounts.

Of course they have the right to suspend your account But they should warn you before doing that + and if they suspend your account they should give you a backup of your email like like contact lists and messages, because they don't own that. and give the chance to forward emails that you will get in the future to a new email like outlook or yahoo...

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
there needs to be an @google on here - wait there is, but I very much doubt it's Larry on the other end!

•••
never sent any email
1 month old account

You cannot call yourself cityof******

1. One complaint from the city and you get locked, trademarks/city region protection does apply to gmail.

2. As far as DO NOT USE GMAIL goes that is a broad statement.

I use the paid google app service and I have dedicated call in support, they would take on my case and help resolve the issue. That does not apply to the free version which has email support only.

So here are the corrections....

1. Adhere to trademarks and regional protections

2. Stick to the paid service for business which comes with an @yourbusiness.com address.

Last edited:
•••
never sent any email
1 month old account

Thanks for the additional info. I find it strange they give no reason but depending on what the **** stands for I can see why they closed the account.

Like @MapleDots said, if you'd get a complaint they'd close it and honestly I think they're in their right to do so because it may be confusing when used and while I'm sure that's not what you're doing, it could be used for scams.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the additional info. I find it strange they give no reason but depending on what the **** stands for I can see why they closed the account.

Like @MapleDots said, if you'd get a complaint they'd close it and honestly I think they're in their right to do so because it may be confusing when used and while I'm sure that's not what you're doing, it could be used for scams.
cityof**** - where **** is small town... no bad words, no TM etc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back