Dynadot

question Do niche domain marketplaces work?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Andrew V

Andriy VasylenkoEstablished Member
Impact
Hi fellow domainers!

Are there any niche domains marketplaces, and how narrow should a niche be for such a thing to make sense?

For example, I myself collect mostly brandable music/sound/audio related domains, since I’m in that space and could, if anything, develop any of them.

The industry’s growing and I have channels for getting leads. And so dispersion of such a focused portfolio on general marketplaces feels like a waste.

Should I build a little marketplace then?

Best regards,
Andy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you're going to build any one of your domains, and you're confident its viable...go for it. When it comes to building a domain marketplace for very specific domains, such as music industry related domains, I'm not sure how that will work out. Feels like an uphill battle building a domain marketplace that only does industry specific domains, compared to the big guys that handle it all just fine, of which people are pretty happy with already, IMO. I don't think I can think of any serious marketplace that successfully and regularly sells just music domains only, or just travel domains only etc

Last edited:
•••
If you're going to build any one of your domains, and you're confident its viable...go for it. When it comes to building a domain marketplace for very specific domains, such as music industry related domains, I'm not sure how that will work out. Feels like an uphill battle building a domain marketplace that only does industry specific domains, compared to the big guys that handle it all just fine, of which people are pretty happy with already, IMO. I don't think I can think of any serious marketplace that successfully and regularly sells just music domains only, or just travel domains only etc

Just to make it clear, not just music, but ANY domains related to sound and audio. From podcasts and voiceovers to audio services and equipment, etc. But I see what you suggest, thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back