Dynadot

question Do I need to buy hosting also from domain registrar ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ishan.bakshi

Impact
Hello,

I have a domain which is registered with asphostportal.com and also had a hosting account with them. Last month after their servers crashed and they didn't had any backup plans for my website, I lost 1 month's of data and had to re-install the entire website again.

So I decided to move the website to a different server and pointed my domain to the new server IP. They asked me to use plesk to set up the DNS records. Now since I don't have the hosting with them they closed the account and also my domain is no more pointing to the new server. When I asked them this is what they responded :

We believe that we have explained you above crystal clear. If we close your hosting account, it means that you cant use our Plesk DNS service anymore. You must point your domain to other name server in order to make your site keep working.

If you want to use our Plesk control panel, you need to renew your hosting account.

Need help in understanding if this is the right practice?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

I have a domain which is registered with asphostportal.com and also had a hosting account with them. Last month after their servers crashed and they didn't had any backup plans for my website, I lost 1 month's of data and had to re-install the entire website again.

So I decided to move the website to a different server and pointed my domain to the new server IP. They asked me to use plesk to set up the DNS records. Now since I don't have the hosting with them they closed the account and also my domain is no more pointing to the new server. When I asked them this is what they responded :

Need help in understanding if this is the right practice?

Thanks

I asked them

And without using the plesk I cannot point the domain to different server is that correct?

This is what they responded :

If you still want to use our Plesk as your DNS service, then you need to renew your hosting account. Without it, you cant point your A record to different IP address.

•••
Regarding your first question: You can have your domain at say GoDaddy and your hosting with HostGator. Much depends on what each company offers to the customer and what you purchased...

Now, maybe we can solve this problem, I think I know what has happened... but first allow me to ask some questions, so I understand your situation.

You stated: "I have a domain which is registered with asphostportal.com"

I went to this website, asphostportal.com, and I cannot find any information about domain registration with this website. This company is a serious specialized hosting company, not a typical general consumer type hosting.

1. Did they give you a free domain name when you purchased your hosting?

2. how long have you had the domain name?

•••
This is almost always never recommended.
Try to split the two; in case one fails; both dont go.
NameCheap says they can handle both, but i still wont.

Last edited:
•••
Yes I think so it's very much in the card! you are right ..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back