Dynadot

question Do expiring Name Servers mean the domain has expired?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chief7000

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hey everyone, new here & to the domain world. Was hoping someone could help me out regarding expiring domains.

1. If the name servers on the WHOIS says Expired.DomainParkingServer does this mean the domain has expired and it's currently in the 42 day renewal phase? To elaborate more, it says it expired on 2017-09-20 and was updated on 2017-09-23. That's why i'm confused if it has actually expired or not..

2. If this domain has in fact expired, what is the best service to use to backorder it before the 42 days end? I did some research here and it seems SnapNames might be the best. I want to make sure I get it before it goes to auction.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Look at the domain status. But yes, in most cases, the answer is yes.

•••
Look at the domain status. But yes, in most cases, the answer is yes.

Awesome, thank you! I placed several backorders on Snapnames for domains that have expired & say they're in the "RedemptionPeriod". Is it a bad idea placing the backorders before it enters the pending delete phase? I don't wanna wait cause I have no idea what day it's gonna enter and I might miss it.

•••
Awesome, thank you! I placed several backorders on Snapnames for domains that have expired & say they're in the "RedemptionPeriod". Is it a bad idea placing the backorders before it enters the pending delete phase? I don't wanna wait cause I have no idea what day it's gonna enter and I might miss it.
On SnapNames, not a bad idea as they keep backorders private; same for dropcatch. Namejet & Dynadot show how many backorders have been placed for a name so they are risky from an advanced backordering perspective. However, if the domain is half decent, it will get backordered and if you really want to secure it, backorder it on multiple platforms. The top ones being - Snapnames/Namejet, Dropcatch, Pheenix (not in any particular order).

•••
Great, appreciate the help!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back