Dynadot

question Do any parking services still allow you to add custom content anymore?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I haven't parked anything in a long time. Do any parking services enable/allow you to add a little custom content to your parked page anymore now? There used to be one that did have that feature.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was just thinking about this the other day. Made me order some hosting for a month to get some sites going with affiliate links. Figured keyword product domains will probably do better through sales as people are obviously there for that product.

•••
I'm looking for the parking with ability to add some custom content option now. None of them are providing that anymore?

•••
what kind content?
i know of one with fully editable parked page... in a text editor like your editing your post now

•••
-there used to be domainapps which switched to pure parking with 'some' content ... problem is they are not very responsive and site is on beta for a long time now
-there was also seoparking.com but I stopped using them quite some time ago. You might want to check them out
-there was noomle which is dead now
and, finally, devhub.com which -at least to my experience- they are not responsive, both in support and payments

judging from the above, I'm not sure you can find anyone that you can trust your traffic with in what you seek

•••
what kind content?
i know of one with fully editable parked page... in a text editor like your editing your post now

Well that sounds interesting. Which one is it? I'm just talking about being able to add a little bit of your own graphics, text and links to a small portion or more of the page, like you used to be able to with Parked.com or DomainApps.com.

Last edited:
•••
-there used to be domainapps which switched to pure parking with 'some' content ... problem is they are not very responsive and site is on beta for a long time now

My understanding is that it began with Parked.com where you could do that, and I think they had the same feature with DomainApps. Now it looks like you may be able to add some graphics with DomainApps, but it might not be the same feature as before. Before you could add text and links and graphics or links to graphics in a portion of the page.

•••
•••
Well that sounds interesting. Which one is it? I'm just talking about being able to add a little bit of your own graphics, text and links to a small portion or more of the page, like you used to be able to with Parked.com or DomainApps.com.

like I said only one I know of 1.
u have to go to china to get it
but was easy to open account there.

www.4.cn

didn't edit anything for parking but saw it literalsly lets you edit existing template parked pages in text editor ... or creaste new one from scratch.. in editor like this msg editor here

im attaching screenshot for you.. so u can check if to your liking before u open accounts.. I just clicked EDIT button on a random existing template for this picture... there is about 20 premade ones.. which u can edit or use as is.. and then like I said option to create new template too... after u click edit, then it opens it in edtior. here is pic. enjoy

jihjhj.JPG

Last edited:
•••
If you just want to sell domains that don't have much parking revenue anyway, you could set up your own landers and you are completely free.

And you can even redirect buyers to Sedo or another marketplace if you would like.

•••
If you just want to sell domains that don't have much parking revenue anyway, you could set up your own landers and you are completely free.

And you can even redirect buyers to Sedo or another marketplace if you would like.

While I haven't parked in a long time, I have tried other things. Right now I have a "once in a blue moon" reason for wanting to do this, so I'm really only looking for a parking service that offers what I believe Parked.com and DomainApps used to offer for this one little feature, which I did use in the past. I just want to park something and add a little custom content.

Never would have guessed 4.CN. I know that when you list a domain for sale there, your whois has to be showing and the email has to match the email on file with 4.CN. Would that not be the same if you only want to park a domain there? I would not want to remove the whois privacy.

•••
While I haven't parked in a long time, I have tried other things. Right now I have a "once in a blue moon" reason for wanting to do this, so I'm really only looking for a parking service that offers what I believe Parked.com and DomainApps used to offer for this one little feature, which I did use in the past. I just want to park something and add a little custom content.

Never would have guessed 4.CN. I know that when you list a domain for sale there, your whois has to be showing and the email has to match the email on file with 4.CN. Would that not be the same if you only want to park a domain there? I would not want to remove the whois privacy.

not sure. it was a breeze to open account there and easy to add domains for sale too. but I do not have private whois. then you just point your dns to them for parking if you want. cheers.

•••
•••
•••
I don't see a dns address there
could it be only for namesilo regged domains?
I am not sure if they allow other registrar's domains. But custom content can be added in domains at Namesilo. I have only used it once just to test.

•••
I am not sure if they allow other registrar's domains. But custom content can be added in domains at Namesilo. I have only used it once just to test.

yeah.. that;s a fairly important point.
I have 1 domain at namesilo.
and odds are the person asking the question, isn't probably having 99% of his portofolio regged at ns either. the odds just aren't there. thanks for tip though. good to know.

•••
yeah.. that;s a fairly important point.
I have 1 domain at namesilo.
and odds are the person asking the question, isn't probably having 99% of his portofolio regged at ns either. the odds just aren't there. thanks for tip though. good to know.
You are right. At the time of replying I thought they do allow other registrar's but when you pointed out I realized that they don't. @namesilo any chance to add feature to add other registrar's domains to park?

•••
If you are gonna write content to be put onto it then might as well do a mini site and reap the benefits from the work really.

•••
curious to know what that chinese site pays from parking
if you end up trying it out

•••

If you are gonna write content to be put onto it then might as well do a mini site and reap the benefits from the work really.
Mini-sites/landing pages seems to be a growing trend among Namepros members.

Personally, I noticed a drastic drop in my parking revenue in the last few years. So been working on my own mini-site or ehat I like to call "my one page wonders"

The main advantages for me for parked paged was the "set it up and forget about it" aspect..while with a mini-site, I have to constantly update my SEO/SEM skills/knowledge.

Last edited:
•••
You are right. At the time of replying I thought they do allow other registrar's but when you pointed out I realized that they don't. @namesilo any chance to add feature to add other registrar's domains to park?

Hello. I am sorry, but this is not something we would likely consider supporting. There is actually some cost involved with parking in the form of bandwidth expenditure, and, more notably, abuse complaints. We have many tools to allow people to manage/promote domains with any registrar, but, unfortunately, supporting parked pages is not one of them at this time.

•••
Okay, so...it appears that this option I want which used to be available is no longer available, because parking is all but dead it would seem. However, are there at least any parking services left that allow you to simply have a forwarding url you can redirect a domain to instead of having to switch your NS to theirs anymore, or is that also too much to look for now in what's left of the world of parking? I do not want to change my NS if I can't do any custom content.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back