Domain Empire

Do Amazon sites like this make any $$

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone made any money with Amazon.com

Figured I would try it, but wanted to see if anyone here has made it work.

I am testing it on

www.babykitchen.com

Sedo and namedrive parking just have not been paying much.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Shopp.us

Yup, I got one too...SHOPP.US! :)
...Not too "profitable" yet! ;)

•••
HI

I have tried the amazon thing in the past on many of my domains and I did make some sales but never enough to get paid LOL.

Their commission payout rate is to low... and you need to sell a lot of product to earn any good amount of money..

Plus their payout min is $100 I think.

Better of to use a site like Clickbank.com or PayDotCom.com if you are looking for products to promote.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
I used clickbank on a product that was acording to them getting good results.

My name was gettinf over 1500 uniques a month and never one sale.

So i gave up on them.

•••
ezimedia said:
HI

I have tried the amazon thing in the past on many of my domains and I did make some sales but never enough to get paid LOL.

Their commission payout rate is to low... and you need to sell a lot of product to earn any good amount of money..

Plus their payout min is $100 I think.

Better of to use a site like Clickbank.com or PayDotCom.com if you are looking for products to promote.

Thanks
Tom Dahne
With a 100 minimum, would be awful if you missed it by just a few bucks.

•••
Depends on your country. My payout is $10 or if I use check it is $25.

I have made alot off Amazon, it is very easy to make money off Amazon as lots of people trust it.

- Steve

•••
I think you can use your own affiliate link.
So remember if you are ever buying anything from Amazon
to use one of your one links.

•••
Halobitt said:
I remember asking about that and Amazon said they won't count your own purchases on your affiliate links.

iNod said:
Depends on your country. My payout is $10 or if I use check it is $25.

I have made alot off Amazon, it is very easy to make money off Amazon as lots of people trust it.

- Steve
Same here, I don't use the "aStore" thing though. IMO, it doesn't look very professional. I say just stick to Amazon text links to specific items and or the "recommended products" iframes. I put them all over my sites and they blend in great! We've had a lot of CD/DVD/book sales because of them, just make sure to put them up on your forums (if you run any) or when you mention a product in your blog or website news.

•••
•••
I have a few domains that I'm still undecided what to do with, so thought what the heck, let's add the aStore for a while and maybe get better results than a simple parking page.

You guys may want to at least add a header though. Heres a couple of mine:

http://zunereseller.com
http://autobiography.tv

I agree with crusader that adding individual product links can be good on an existing site.

- Vince

•••
How do you get rid of the "Go to Amazon" link Vince?

•••
not much amazon sale for me either.

•••
drpm said:
How do you get rid of the "Go to Amazon" link Vince?

You have to select all your products individually instead of a 'standard' Amazon category.

Shame they don't allow a search box when you create your own categories, but maybe they will if enough users ask.

Good luck,

- Vince

•••
You can get a script from associate-o-matic.com and setup a store very easy. They charge $99 for the script or -like me- you can use the free version with which they will take 10% of your sales. I'm using it at www.kidsdvdshop.com. The whole site took me about 4 hours to install and configure (I know, they should be paying me for this plug).

It's possible to make several selections based on Amazon's categories (those are the horizontal tabs you see across the top) and you can use different Amazon associate codes for the US, Canadian, UK and German websites (check the flags on the top right of my site). The bad side is that it caches each page that is opened. On a busy site it can grow to over 100MB.

Although I am happy with the script I'm glad I didn't get the paid version, because it would take me 2 years to earn the price back with the low Amazon commission :td:

•••
You can get a script from associate-o-matic.com and setup a store very easy.
Thanks for the hot tip on the script, Kwan! Will have to give this a try...

Last edited:
•••
i tried amazon also and didnt have much luck.. i've had better luck with ebay (through commission junction)

•••
Yes, associate-o-matic.com is a good free software, but only the paid version has the shopping cart facility which helps when users want to buy more than 1 item.

I'll continue to test various versions of aStore for now, and hope Amazon bring out more widgets for it.

- Vince

•••
Halobitt said:

If you use your own affiliate link they will just subtract out your commissions at the end of the quarter.

You have to go to a friend's site.

kwan said:
You can get a script from associate-o-matic.com and setup a store very easy. They charge $99 for the script or -like me- you can use the free version with which they will take 10% of your sales...

kwan said:
It's possible to make several selections based on Amazon's categories (those are the horizontal tabs you see across the top) and you can use different Amazon associate codes for the US, Canadian, UK and German websites (check the flags on the top right of my site)...

Amazon Associates is the only thing I've ever had success with and Associate-o-Matic is the best software out there. With the category selections, you can build really focused niche sites based on a keyword or topic.

With some basic SEO, you will get some traffic. Better if you add to an existing older site, in my experience. Also usually better if it is related to the site and domain name.

It's been worth the $99 price for me. but I have about 35 stores. I use some PPC to get traffic to a couple of stores I know will work

•••
•••
I have not made a sale yet. I'm still working on positioning my ads effectively, picking the most appropriate products and increasing traffic to my site.

•••
I have registered to Amazon Associates with YourFrench.com. When applying I thought they are going to reject me since there was no website and the domain was parked at sedo but I was accepted.

Now I wan'T to add another domain but I have a problem. The other domain gets the main traffic from the US. How can I show products that lead to amazon.com instead amazon.co.uk?

With my amazon.co.uk account I can login to any amazon website. For instance I can login to amazon.com. On the other hand I can't login to Associates over amazon.com. It says password rejected.

I will have to apply for another Associates account over amazon.com and then for another over amazon.de and amazon.fr. This is just meaningless.

•••
MarcelProust said:
I will have to apply for another Associates account over amazon.com and then for another over amazon.de and amazon.fr. This is just meaningless.

Unfortunately, yes. It may be due to the way Amazon have setup each of their businesses for tax purposes in different countries.

For me, that would be fine in itself, however, you cannot use the same aStore, so you need to create a new version and either put it into a country specific subdirectory, or a different domain for each.

They really need to sort this one out. All it would require is a few country flag links that activate your various Amazon affiliate ID's, and a language dropdown menu.

- Vince

•••
You need to have a very well defined niche to profit from Amazon.

I had an account for 4 years and didn't make a penny, then I passed on to my sister and she is about to get her first payment after a few weeks managing the account.

My site is not defined at all, but she has a well-defined fans site.

•••
•••
rocknrollo said:
Well I am getting plenty of traffic . i set up 3 Stores and getting over a thousand clicks a day but no sales. So I am doing somthing wrong.

www.Dual-core.com

www.newZune.com

www.channel102.com

newzune.com and channel102.com are not loading for me.
The items on dual-core.com are higher priced items that would take many visitors before you make one sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back