IT.COM

DN.com Escrow Review

NameSilo
Watch
Has anybody had any experience with this website ,I have been contacted by a chinese broker from ename.com ..he insists i use dn.com for transfer ,etc

dn.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I've used them in the past because the customer prefer to use it. Customer based in China.
No issue when I completed my transaction.

•••
he insists?

imo...
well sort of ...i was not aware of dn.com
just registered ,seems legit ,still trying to find out how much % they take

•••
They are very good.
and the best part is they have Skype support..

You should not experience any difficulty using DN.com.

•••
It looks very interesting

The probably spent a fortune on DN.com

DNE would have been a better fit (sometimes shorter is not necessarily better)

•••
They require your ID and for you to take a photo holding your ID. I wouldn't trust a company in china with items that can be used for identity theft. All you need for for one employee to be approached by someone asking to buy the photos of the IDs.

•••
DN is ok in my view. I used a drivers licence. In Holland it doesn't have a SSN on it :)
Withdrawal is no problem, cheaper for the seller, currencies $,€ and Y.
Tip: put in the name as it is on your bank account (for the withdrawal), there is a seperate 'place' for your company name.

•••
I have heard good things about the service level of DN.com. What I would ask about is "are they licensed to provide escrow and/or money services?" Licensed and regulated companies must comply with laws designed to protect users of their services. According to their terms of service I noticed a couple of things that stand out. "governed by the laws of the People's Republic of China in the mainland." and in the event of a dispute a neutral third party is not used - "DN.com will handle the disputation based on theunilateral judgment as an independent third party. You shall understand andaccept the judgment and decision of DN.com."

•••
Has anybody had any experience with this website ,I have been contacted by a chinese broker from ename.com ..he insists i use dn.com for transfer ,etc

dn.com
Hi Frank, I'm Sunny from DN.com, if you have any questions on transaction , feel free to contact us. Our email address is [email protected].

•••
Hmmm...trying to withdrawal from dn.com...been 11 days and nothing! Tried contacting, and no real communication. Seems shady!

•••
Hi Frank, I'm Sunny from DN.com, if you have any questions on transaction , feel free to contact us. Our email address is [email protected].

Member since 2015

That's three years so there should be a good history there. If there have been no complaints so far it would indicate that everything is on the up and up. Usually anytime something goes wrong in the domaining world we are the first to here about it.

@Brandon Abbey don't underestimate transactions in China. They have vast online commerce including domains and therefore I can guarantee they have a lot of legit companies experienced in dealing with online commerce.

Will the rules be different from the rules here.... sure.
But proof is in the pudding, we can send them some smaller transactions to see how things work.

It's good to have choice, especially if one is dealing with someone from China. Sometimes Escrow makes it next to impossible to deal in China. If there is a reputable service that specializes in that then I am all for it. (y)

•••
Member since 2015

That's three years so there should be a good history there. If there have been no complaints so far it would indicate that everything is on the up and up. Usually anytime something goes wrong in the domaining world we are the first to here about it.

@Brandon Abbey don't underestimate transactions in China. They have vast online commerce including domains and therefore I can guarantee they have a lot of legit companies experienced in dealing with online commerce.

Will the rules be different from the rules here.... sure.
But proof is in the pudding, we can send them some smaller transactions to see how things work.

It's good to have choice, especially if one is dealing with someone from China. Sometimes Escrow makes it next to impossible to deal in China. If there is a reputable service that specializes in that then I am all for it. (y)

I will say that the China market is very important to Payoneer. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...ent-by-china-broadband-capital-300566655.html We also have offices in China and language support. My comment only referred to the licensing requirements imposed by governments that are designed to protect the rights of consumers. As an example, Payoneer Escrow was not licensed by the state of Washington until recently and we could not legally do business with residents of the state. Thanks,

Brandon

•••

Hey Sunny ( @DN.com )

I'm doing some research on an alleged stolen domain that was allegedly sold by an alleged hacker / thief allegedly using the services of Escrow.com.

I wanted to commend you (Sunny @DN.com ) on your due diligence that looks to have stopped the sale of the above mentioned alleged stolen domain. From what I can tell, it looks like your efforts stopped the sale of an alleged stolen domain from being sold on DN.com.

Given that the original domain owner alleges she was NOT a party of the attempted sale on DN.com, what recourse does she have to find out who was trying to sell her domain on DN.com?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back