IT.COM

discuss Discuss and Showcase Holo Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a few decent holo names never hurt anyone I guess
regged:

HoloAnimal..com
HoloCartoon..com

which also means I won't be renewing my holographicanimal.com this month! good timing! haha

I also held off on animal becuase I wanted the plural which dropped today over the singular , both still good though.

I could not be at the computer to reg it on the drop and had a Godaddy credit for a Backorder catch ( which I know the only thing they beat is a hand reg and even then a hand reg beats Godaddy catcher ) ...but today Godaddy did the job which means no one else was after it or watching .

They caught it for me

H/O/L/O/A/N/I/M/A/L/S //com//

Last edited:
•••
Can't say I hear of Godaddy catching names much

•••
Can't say I hear of Godaddy catching names much

Right ! Read 2 threads today about that .

Only reason it caught is no one else had it Backordered and NO one tried to reg it the Second it dropped ( or they would have beating it )

I've tried to use the credit about 9 times now lol , finally made use of it .

It was also already reg with GD.

•••
You got what you wanted so it's a win for you. I still can't decide if I like the singular or plural better? (the age old question I guess)

•••
You got what you wanted so it's a win for you. I still can't decide if I like the singular or plural better? (the age old question I guess)

True , my bias in choice may be effected by the sales price of Roboticanimals .com

Both are good imo (singular a bit more Brandable in my eyes)

I was trying to cut cost and decided on only one of the 2 and took the chance , I won this time yes.

•••
True , my bias in choice may be effected by the sales price of Roboticanimals .com

Both are good imo (singular a bit more Brandable in my eyes)

I was trying to cut cost and decided on only one of the 2 and took the chance , I won this time yes.

Plural.

I like pets better :)

•••
HoloSelfie(.)com and his plural friend .

•••
•••
•••
so u didn't get holoproducer? ;)

I held off on that onefigured I might grab it later if it was still there .

Nice 😉

•••
yeah it was close call. thanks for headsup
might pick it up later if I am on time

I had $700 offr on virtualrealityproducer...com few months back..

but these things can get funny and VR is not same as holo. and knowing your stuff in one does not mean you will in the other.

•••
had a little sale on flippa today

130 for hologramu.....com

frankly, I wasn't even sure if id keep it. maybe.

•••
those are all my holo/hologram names left

not many

HoloRealty(.)com

HoloWedding(.)com

HoloWeddings(.)com

HoloSingles(.)com

HoloVisors(.)com

HoloGuru(.)com

HoloProgram(.)com

HoloSelfie(.)com

HoloSelfies(.)com

HoloVacations(.)com

HologramSchool(.)com

HologramNews(.)com

HologramGirlfriend(.)com

Last edited:
•••
those are all my holo/hologram names left

not many

HoloRealty(.)com

HoloWedding(.)com

HoloWeddings(.)com

HoloSingles(.)com

HoloVisors(.)com

HoloGuru(.)com

HoloProgram(.)com

HoloSelfie(.)com

HoloSelfies(.)com

HoloVacations(.)com

HologramSchool(.)com

HologramNews(.)com

HologramGirlfriend(.)com
Elad did you make the landing page for hologramschool?

•••
•••
WHAT'S UP GUYS!!!!

... long time no see/hear :)

so i'm popping my head in here from time to time and figured i'd touch base and light the fuse a bit... a couple of points, couple of findings and a couple of drops i happily caught.

so i have received a bunch of contacts recently asking about the holo names.
yes - i'm still in it to win it - doubling down even... and the contacts , they have definitely increased over the past year, although, truth be told, not many substantial offers with those contacts. (Those that are reporting they have turned down thousands of dollars of offers for some of these lower tier names i see here are tickling your asses :)
... just sayin'

as far as the holo/holographic/hologram discussion
... i believe i have seen more "holographic" sales than holo OR hologram sales combined. I could also be wrong about this but you rarely see a 'holo' sale... (yes, i see your holohealth reporting) with that said, i still agree the big money and the better marketing is in the shorter, sweeter HOLO - BUT - if you are going to shorten HOLO - then if the next word can be shortened - shorten that one also and forget about the longer version.
(What?!) haha

• eg: "Holographic Laboratories" - the target here is just "holoLABS" - NOT "HoloLaboratories"
• eg: "Holographic Camera" - the target here is just "holoCAM" - not 'HoloCamera"
• eg: "Holographic Navigation" - the target here is just "holoNAV" - not "HoloNavigation"

i do not find this to be a blanket rule as not all words can be shortened nicely like these examples - but when there is an opportunity to do so - TAKE the shot!!

I have "HoloBroadcasting" and for me? "holoCASTING" is what i really want here.

--------

there was a name i really wanted and was never able to get a hold of. it dropped a few years ago and someone else beat me to it and i was crushed about it. It was a holo PURE brandable but i loved the name. I sought this name out in the aftermarket and offered this person a few hundred dollars for this name and they came back with a very high counter in the five figures (i honestly think it was much higher) so i walked away, resigned to the fact that i will never have that name... another reason i wanted this name was because i had a great name to pair it up with.
Yes, it was a shortened name to go along nicely with Holo.
Well, i guess the owner forgot to renew or gave up entirely on holo but i'm real excited to say that i finally won the name at auction last week and am just waiting for the name to hit my account before i reveal.. should hit on the 20th! SO excited about this name!!

and in other catches, i recently won holoMEETINGS/com at auction.
very happy with this one too.

--------

RE: Holo vs VR

i thought so THEN, and have not changed my thinking on VR.. i am convinced more and more that VR, while cool as hell, still has a LOT of limitations and will never reach the potential that holo has.

--------

RE: Holo + new gTLD's

haha... just WHY??
there is nothing more to say about this topic.. is there??

--------

RE: Holo as 'HG'

... this will NEVER be a thing... holding on to that thought pattern is only going to make you look silly and cost you a lot of money in the process... if you missed the holo train.. i'm sorry.. we can't board every train that rides... i missed out on a lot of great rides myself, but HG for Holo is not going to happen.

--------

and finally, some of you might enjoy this road i'm about to send you on...
for those of you who don't already use 'Google Alerts' for any of your existing names/websites/future tech/etc.. - you are really missing out! i highly advise you to srt this up as soon as possible if not already set up.

i got an alert for one of my names, "TheHoloNetwork/com" - i like this name and actually prefer it to the shorter holonetwork (think 'the movie channel' vs 'movie channel')

anyway... HOLO is ALSO being used for a new crowd funding, cryptocurrency - HoloFuel -part of the HoloChain..etc...

their goal, in a brief nutshell, is to DE-centralize the internet with this new method of P2P hosting and sharing. (they say the word HOE LOW.. (Long O)

so i grabbed Holo-Fuel/com and Holo-Chain/com (yes, both hyphenated)

Take some time and look into it. It's VERY early in its development, but a lot of good things are being written and said about this... and now - HOLO has a new use outside of our original intentions... the Holo Network is a 'thing' here.. and so is a 'Holo Marketplace'

Let me know how you make out.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Ha ha i know, I spotted on your site a while ago, cheers John
~
I think this will be a HUGE market, Holographic Advertising

Last edited:
•••
Ha ha i know, I spotted on your site a while ago, cheers John
~
I think this will be a HUGE market, Holographic Advertising

Hey Rod!!
how have ya been man?!

•••
Hey Rod!!
how have ya been man?!
Yes good thanks mate, glad to see you're still into the impending future! What's the longest you have held a future trend domain?

•••
It's been about five years since I regged ....... H o l o h i ir e and about ten for R o b o h i r e
~
I think we both know that the future domains takes a lot of patience
~
Someone must be watching this thread, just got an email regarding the name H o l o t i s e

Last edited:
•••
yes, future trend domains takes some time, but i have already seen first hand some of the hand regges i have made years ago come to fruition today and i wish i still held them.. but now i think the portfolio is just more lean now. i could be wrong, but i don't see a lot of garbage floating around my portfolio (or so i think)

in all honesty, i am playing with house money at this point.
When i first started (2009) i made a TON of stupid mistakes and spent a lot of stupid money (we all pay for our education somehow), but i also stumbled upon some nice names too... they call this 'spray and pray' in photography ;)

i've sold more than i've spent since 2009 not counting anything you see on the futrs site.
WAIT.. i'm sorry - inaccurate - i have made more money selling names than i have spent since i started buying back then to this point in time.

my oldest domain is Holographic.org - regged concurrently since 1997
i think the oldest name that i hand regged?... 3DHOLOGRAPHICS.COM

Last edited:
•••
yes, future trend domains takes some time, but i have already seen first hand some of the hand regges i have made years ago come to fruition today and i wish i still held them.. but now i think the portfolio is just more lean now. i could be wrong, but i don't see a lot of garbage floating around my portfolio (or so i think)

in all honesty, i am playing with house money at this point.
When i first started (2009) i made a TON of stupid mistakes and spent a lot of stupid money (we all pay for our education somehow), but i also stumbled upon some nice names too... they call this 'spray and pray' in photography ;)

i've sold more than i've spent since 2009 not counting anything you see on the futrs site.
WAIT.. i'm sorry - inaccurate - i have made more money selling names than i have spent since i started buying back then to this point in time.
my oldest domain is Holographic.org - regged concurrently since 1997
i think the oldest name that i hand regged?... 3DHOLOGRAPHICS.COM

which holo domains have you sold? or holograhic/hologram

when and for how much.. if you can share.

•••
as far as holographic names, not many to date.. i had sold h/a/p/t/i/c/h/o/l/o/g/r/a/m/s/com for... i think it was $2,000 or maybe $1,800 (?)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back