IT.COM

discuss Discuss and Showcase Holo Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The only reason to post about expiring domains is to drive up prices in hopes that your "holo" domains will gain value.

It's not helpful in the least to post things like that, especially on a domain forum. We all know the game and search sites up and down for good deals. If someone hasn't seen that holotoday is expired then they aren't doing homework and certainly don't deserve a free tip on where the auction is.

So really, you're helping slackers while hurting hard working domainers who scouted and decided to bid, IMO.
I saw that name Keith... But I passed on it.

•••
•••
The only reason to post about expiring domains is to drive up prices in hopes that your "holo" domains will gain value.

It's not helpful in the least to post things like that, especially on a domain forum. We all know the game and search sites up and down for good deals. If someone hasn't seen that holotoday is expired then they aren't doing homework and certainly don't deserve a free tip on where the auction is.

So really, you're helping slackers while hurting hard working domainers who scouted and decided to bid, IMO.
Keith, if you believe the emboldened, why did you at one time support what DropCatch.com is doing to people who use their backorder services by making it public for anyone to win it... YOU see?:xf.smile:

•••
•••
Keith, if you believe the emboldened, why did you at one time support what DropCatch.com is doing to people who use their backorder services by making it public for anyone to win it... YOU see?:xf.smile:
Dropcatch is running a business. Apples and oranges...

•••
•••
Dropcatch is running a business. Apples and oranges...
Keith, it same thing here too. lol It doesn't matter who makes it public. DomainShane.com does it, TLDinvestor.com does it... Announcing names that were hidden.

•••
and you expect him to tell you that in a public forum? dream on.
I didn't.
I expected him to tell me in a PM, which he did... Thanks for your input though.

•••
•••
HoloDistribution.com
HoloExpansion.com

•••
TransHolo (.)com

I had to ....

•••
Guys, because of the massive off topic avalanche I feel I need to do this:

HOLOLENSFOV.COM
HOLOFOV.COM

And could we, please, return to "SHOWCASING" our holo domains?

Don't judge! Follow!

Thank you.

I never checked, but I'm pretty sure "Hololens" is a trademark.

•••
I never checked, but I'm pretty sure "Hololens" is a trademark.
I am not selling these domains, so sorry for posting them here. The admin can delete that post. HoloLensFOV is already running as a legitimate website (even though it's not finished and the graphics and functions are not final at all; a lot of links to HoloLens FOV are missing too) monitoring the HoloLens FOV. The FOV seems to be a really tough challenge to solve/increase in the next 5 - 10 years and I expect that hololensfov.com will become a big hub for all hololens fov related stuff over time. If there is some other HoloLens like device I will maybe go with HoloFOV, but for now I don't see any HoloLens-like device, so hololensfov.com is fine for now.

Last edited:
•••
Picked up these 2 because Hololens is going to space:)

See Here

Holo Spaceman.com
Holo SpaceStation.com
:)

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi Folks,

Hopefully this is OK to post in the showcase thread -- I would value your opinions on which of the following domains (which all begin with the word "holographic") you think are good (and which ones you think are not good). Thanks!

holographicanimation.com, holographicbooks.com, holographiccamera.com, holographiccameras.com, holographiccd.com, holographiccds.com, holographiccellphones.com, holographicclothing.com, holographiccube.com, holographiccubes.com, holographic-disc.com, holographic-discs.com, holographicdisk.com, holographicdrive.com, holographicgaming.com, holographicinternet.com, holographickeyboards.com, holographicmonitor.com, holographic-movies.com, holographicnet.com, holographicnetworking.com, holographicphotography.com, holographicpictures.com, holographicplayer.com, holographicprinter.com, holographicprinters.com, holographic-projector.com, holographicsphere.com, holographicspheres.com, holographictelephone.com, holographictelephones.com, holographictelevisions.com, holographicvideos.com, holographicvision.com

•••
holographic telephone/s - not so good
others seem quite good
- but you should rather try appraisal section instead of this one

•••
Hi Folks,

Hopefully this is OK to post in the showcase thread -- I would value your opinions on which of the following domains (which all begin with the word "holographic") you think are good (and which ones you think are not good). Thanks!

holographicanimation.com, holographicbooks.com, holographiccamera.com, holographiccameras.com, holographiccd.com, holographiccds.com, holographiccellphones.com, holographicclothing.com, holographiccube.com, holographiccubes.com, holographic-disc.com, holographic-discs.com, holographicdisk.com, holographicdrive.com, holographicgaming.com, holographicinternet.com, holographickeyboards.com, holographicmonitor.com, holographic-movies.com, holographicnet.com, holographicnetworking.com, holographicphotography.com, holographicpictures.com, holographicplayer.com, holographicprinter.com, holographicprinters.com, holographic-projector.com, holographicsphere.com, holographicspheres.com, holographictelephone.com, holographictelephones.com, holographictelevisions.com, holographicvideos.com, holographicvision.com
Those are bad

Cds
Cellphones
Cubes ( cube is a good brandable but what is cubes :/ )
Discs
Disc
Disk
Keyboards
Movies
Telephone
Telephones
Televisions

•••
Those are bad

Cds
Cellphones
Cubes ( cube is a good brandable but what is cubes :/ )
Discs
Disc
Disk
Keyboards
Movies
Telephone
Telephones
Televisions

I disagree on this:
Keyboards are good, disc and disk are great, holographic storage systems will be huge. Holographic movies as well, Disney is probably making first: http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/01/disney-infinity-might-make-its-way-to-microsoft-hololens/ Holographic televisions will be huge in a few years.

I agree on this:
cds, cellphones, telephone/s are probably not the best. Maybe holographiccd, could become popular with the holographic storage boom in the upcoming years, however, people would be probably searching hcd or holocd instead of holographiccd, but who knows.

Hmm on this:
HolographicCubes could be some product in the future, who knows. A store for selling holographic cubes ;D. or some physics related stuff.

•••
I think the issue here isn't the keyword, its the base name - "Holographic" - it's too long.

I have a couple Holographic names myself but I'm in serious doubt if Holographic names will take off due to its length and syllables.

Would you brand your company HolographicCubes.com or HoloCubes.com?

•••
I think the issue here isn't the keyword, its the base name - "Holographic" - it's too long.

I have a couple Holographic names myself but I'm in serious doubt if Holographic names will take off due to its length and syllables.

I like your point of view and i really think that you are right.
I have 3 holographic domains and 1 Holo domain. received offer for that 1 Holo domain.
though my sample is small but i think you are correct

•••
data

Actually, I agree with this. I focused mainly on Holo___ when I gradually acquired these domains in 2002-2006 or so, but also diversified with Holographic___ in case the generic term became more popular than the shortened one. My person preference is toward Holo___ vs. Holographic___, but I have been wrong before :)

I disagree on this:
Keyboards are good, disc and disk are great, holographic storage systems will be huge. Holographic movies as well, Disney is probably making first: http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/01/disney-infinity-might-make-its-way-to-microsoft-hololens/ Holographic televisions will be huge in a few years.

I agree on this:
cds, cellphones, telephone/s are probably not the best. Maybe holographiccd, could become popular with the holographic storage boom in the upcoming years, however, people would be probably searching hcd or holocd instead of holographiccd, but who knows.

Hmm on this:
HolographicCubes could be some product in the future, who knows. A store for selling holographic cubes ;D. or some physics related stuff.

I agree that the terms CD, telephone, and cellphone are becoming dated and thus make them these combinations less valuable.

I also think that television, cameras, and movies (with holo or holographic prefix) have a lot of potential.

Back when portable media was big, I was really excited about holographic data storage. The neat thing about holographic data storage is that it can be 3D, not just 2D like current optical disks. Data can be stored in 3D throughout a volume -- whether it be a cube, a sphere, or whatever. Actually, I did have holocube.com, but sold it. It is unclear to me now how important portable data storage media will be, except perhaps for long-term archival storage.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back