NameSilo

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What I feel is that End-user companies won't use this name due to the word 'future' as it sounds like a Blog which discusses abt "cryo future, tech, advancements, etc".

@twiki ?

Not all what we feel is true .

•••
Domain name sales via fast transfer this year so far:

Congratulations! Your domain, buygovcoin.com, has sold via Afternic's Fast Transfer network for $279.00.

Congratulations! Your domain, e-usd.info, has sold for $279.00 and we are ready for you to transfer the domain.

Congratulations! Your domain, xrverify.com, has sold via Afternic's Fast Transfer network for $579.00.

lyreal.com - today $579.00 via Sedo MLS

Hold time 1 year. Most requests via website contact form. Most traffic to Dynadot listings.
Nice, All are Hand-reg? :)

•••
•••
•••
why is that? It should be encouragement and hints to what is selling. Good luck.

Because then I don't understand how domain market works. No disrespect to anyone and I want to sell domains like these people but I see some very crappy domains being sold for high prices. Then I wonder if I really understand domain market at all!?

•••
Because then I don't understand how domain market works. No disrespect to anyone and I want to sell domains like these people but I see some very crappy domains being sold for high prices. Then I wonder if I really understand domain market at all!?
This thread is for only reported sales tho not really a discussion thread.. I think there’s a sales discussion thread too.. but don’t give up man...even when you have sales you’ll always be wondering what you’re not still doing right so in other words nobody really gets it completely right in the market.. Just keep learning and doing your part till you see what works for “you” because sometimes it’s really just your thing.

•••
alot i mean alot of domainers felt this way the first and second year of domaining. ty

Last edited:
•••
This thread is for only reported sales tho not really a discussion thread.. I think there’s a sales discussion thread too.. but don’t give up man...even when you have sales you’ll always be wondering what you’re not still doing right so in other words nobody really gets it completely right in the market.. Just keep learning and doing your part till you see what works for “you” because sometimes it’s really just your thing.
you are correct sorry for the chime in. :)

•••
•••
Hey gus, is this the famous domain sales thread?!

If so, I'd like to report my sale of 3d-verse.com for $60 : ]

Cheers

•••
m/e/t/a .barcelona
Sales Venue: Afternic
Sales Price: $988
Cost: Hand reg (~$20 bucks)
Hold Time: ~45 days

...I am happy with 50x on a domain extension I did not even know existed. When I searched meta. extension, there were three extensions left, barcelona, sydney, and melbourne. I chose only one, considered grabbing all three, but chose barcelona.
I know it's been a while since this sale was reported but can you kindly tell me how you did the bolded?
Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
I know it's been a while since this sale was reported but can you kindly tell me how you did the bolded?
Thank you.

Are you asking how to use bold or how to search a registrar for available extensions?

•••
Are you asking how to use bold or how to search a registrar for available extensions?
I'm asking how to search a registrar for available extensions.

•••
You just go to Epik, Porkbun or wherever and type in the word like "meta" and it shows you which are available. Sometimes they'll have an area for recommendations which usually just take the word you are searching and add the city that matches your IP address.

•••
I think we cam all agree that limited information has limited value. We all have different views on whether that degree of value meets our current needs and interests.

Here's a thought: If you don't find value in any particular thread then create your own or move on to the next one. No drama required.

Happy domaining!

•••
MostBat.com
Sale price: $799
Venue: Dan
Hold Time: 6 month

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 118
•••
OiBet.com

Sale Price: £1100 ($1400)
Acquisition Price: $550
Sale Type: Inbound
Sale Venue: DAN
Congratulations!
Do you mind sharing the hold time?

•••
•••
didn't know there was a separate thread for complimenting on reported sales. first i've heard of it.

•••
W
didn't know there was a separate thread for complimenting on reported sales. first i've heard of it.
Welcome. If you need to comment on any sales report on the main thread, just quote it and come do it here.

•••
•••
Congratulations on your sale. Mind sharing sales venue and hold time?
Sale came through Afternic/ godaddy
1 year holding time

•••
Recently sold
- pwcs.co.uk for £500 at Sedo
- myonlinestore.nl for €1999 at Sedo

BTW my sales have gone down a fair amount in the past month or so. I am not sure if this is just on my side or in general in the domain business. This is probably going to continue for quite some time (just a feeling).
I may have to reduce prices on some domains as many business may have less purchasing power. Not 100% sure if that would help.

It is a general thing. Look at NASDAQ, down 30% (!) over the first 5 months of 20222....

Couple posts I made on the topic:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ri...ng-economy-crisis.1273633/page-3#post-8621513

https://www.namepros.com/threads/fo...-me-is-quite-significant.1275337/post-8621517

Last edited:
•••
MostBat.com
Sale price: $799
Venue: Dan
Hold Time: 6 month
Sorry for reporting this sale. We agreed on $799 and payment sent by buyer via Dan but after few hours buyer requested to cancel this sale. Dan issue refund to buyer, and sale was cancelled. Now buyer sending me lower offers from the agreed amount $799 offers via different 3 Dan accounts and showing me he is new buyer, but ip address at dan offer page showing same, he is trying to smart with me but i am 100% sure, he is very much interested in this domain MostBat.com let me know please, how to deal with this type of buyer? If i increase price to $14995 and renew this domain for up to 10 years , i am 100% sure, he will purchase, Any suggestion please? If i increase price, sale will happen?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back