IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When he bought that domain, I was aware. WHOIS displayed his details as well but how and why netsol cancelled the order, I am yet to understand. I am also aware of the circumstances surrounding how he lost the sale!

I am sure he must have learnt his lessons!

•••
I think he should show us the confirmation email
Imagined ! If such happened; it deserved a lot of noice against the registar. Yes! there is the need to produce the email of registration of the domain name issued to him by the registar.

Last edited:
•••
This morning I had a "feel good" sale. Bought the domain last July here on NP for $55. This morning, I received a direct offer email from a very polite gentleman for $250.

I thought about it for a minute and was just about to email back a counter when I thought, it's a .org. I deleted my email countering his offer and instead typed "I accept". My thought was that the gentleman was so nice, could be a good cause.

I emailed him the link to the Make Offer page at Afternic and told him to submit his offer that way and that I would accept. He immediately did and I accepted. Within an hour, I saw that he paid and received an email from Afternic saying they were verifying funds. Minutes later, they confirmed the funds and instructed me to push the domain to their holding account at NameSilo. Done.

I had no personal pressure to sell it, but somehow I felt good. I made a small profit and perhaps helped a good cause. It might end up back up for sale, but at $250 for a 4L .org, it wouldn't matter to me.

Show attachment 165667

You're not going to believe this!

No sooner do I push the domain I posted earlier, do I get this email and close another one. The "Feel Good" deal paved the way for this one...
feel-good-results.png

I'll post again once it's completed. Should be pretty quick.

Bought this one 11/2018 right here on NP for $35.

By the way, I don't report many sales, but I do like reporting sales where I purchased the domain here on Namepros. :)

Last edited:
•••
I used to renew my names around 2-3 weeks prior to expiry and I just learnt that that would put them out of the Afternic Fast Transfer network.
please, what should I do instead? do I've to renewal my names like a month prior?

•••
•••
It makes a huge difference if your portfolio is like mine. My portfolio is an inventory type of portfolio. One where people will mostly buy it off a registrar through premium pricing rather than through type in traffic.
If you own premium names that are upgrades for hundreds of companies, then the Afternic network doesnt make any difference.
I am switching to a new style of domaining with acquisitions of more premium names lately. With that, I believe that type in will be the name of the game and lesser reliance on inventory quality names.

Remember, there is no one size fits all. I just thought to quickly write this comment to avoid a long unneeded debate in this great thread :)
I've checked a few of my own domains that are due to expire in a few days and some of them are in review mode, some of them are still listed through AFT, so looks like there is no exact rule. Also, most of my names are listed through afternic fast transfer, but I made only about 10% of the sales, compared to landing page and my domains are hand regs, so they are not EMDs of some hundreds companies out there.

•••
Sold D/R/A/T/A in King on SH for $6,899 Acquired a few years ago
I really needed that sale as my sales the past 20 months were so soft because of 1 very silly mistake I had. I used to renew my names around 2-3 weeks prior to expiry and I just learnt that that would put them out of the Afternic Fast Transfer network. With that in place, I realized that literally almost all my 1,800 names out of the fast transfer network for almost 2 years!
My sales were really soft. I didn't give this much attention as I was very focused on my full time job.
i learnt a very big lesson here. I renewed all my names upfront now and I believe now that 90% of my names are in the network and more to come.

I put a lot of names on SH and also finalizing my own brandable marketplace (Brandzo.com), which should be up within a few weeks. Would appreciate feedback for that one. I would use it as a test for a few months with some SEO for my other names that aren't on SH.

I have tried all brandable marketplaces and I believe that SH is doing a relatively strong effort to satisfy its partners and customers. Have my own reservations on the count of names :) but overall i am bullish that they will continue to succeed.

Again, very happy to have a decent sale at the last few days of a dry summer sales season :)

Enjoy!

congrats! About afternic, I haven't experience removals 2-3 weeks prior. In fact, mine get removed if past due 4-5+ days, but never before that. There must be some other problem. But, yes, AN is essential to sales and can single handedly add 0.3%-0.6% to sell through without any landers.

•••
My first sale with SH
Handreg + one renewal
Sale price $2499 ($1749 after commission)
The buyer offered $1800 but eventually hit BIN
Show attachment 165335

I thought SquadHelp only had a 4% commission. You paid ~$750? Ten percent would be $250.

•••
•••
•••
Sold D/R/A/T/A in King on SH for $6,899 Acquired a few years ago
I really needed that sale as my sales the past 20 months were so soft because of 1 very silly mistake I had. I used to renew my names around 2-3 weeks prior to expiry and I just learnt that that would put them out of the Afternic Fast Transfer network. With that in place, I realized that literally almost all my 1,800 names out of the fast transfer network for almost 2 years!
My sales were really soft. I didn't give this much attention as I was very focused on my full time job.
i learnt a very big lesson here. I renewed all my names upfront now and I believe now that 90% of my names are in the network and more to come.

I put a lot of names on SH and also finalizing my own brandable marketplace (Brandzo.com), which should be up within a few weeks. Would appreciate feedback for that one. I would use it as a test for a few months with some SEO for my other names that aren't on SH.

I have tried all brandable marketplaces and I believe that SH is doing a relatively strong effort to satisfy its partners and customers. Have my own reservations on the count of names :) but overall i am bullish that they will continue to succeed.

Again, very happy to have a decent sale at the last few days of a dry summer sales season :)

Enjoy!

Wow, are you sure about this?

So, how far in advance should we renew to avoid this?

•••
Juicery - $120
Chillies - $70
Letting - $120
Etc....
All .org
About 10 of them sold in August.

venues - Namepros
Hold time - less than a week each

How do u manage to sell so many org on np... 100$ avg...1 week holdtime...when most sell their names for 5$ here.... cheers

•••
How do u manage to sell so many org on np... 100$ avg...1 week holdtime...when most sell their names for 5$ here.... cheers
Maybe because I list some of the finest names possible.

•••
Maybe because I list some of the finest names possible.

Well im sure we both know finest names do not sell for 100 eirher... just trying to understand here.. ps what kind of roi ranges u make on these...bins right?

•••
Well im sure we both know finest names do not sell for 100 eirher... just trying to understand here.. ps what kind of roi ranges u make on these...bins right?
We both have different names and different sales strategies. Your results can't be mine.

•••
•••
•••
•••
No outbound for this name. It had the DAN landing page and the end-user found it.
OK......

You are so lucky

Because some guru will still advertising the domain even though
It has dan landing page...

Once again congratulation....

Last edited:
•••
What do you mean by lucky? That’s how most of the DAN sales happen. That is the essence of their business model. Many of the domains I have sold on DAN have been sold like that.

•••
What do you mean by lucky? That’s how most of the DAN sales happen. That is the essence of their business model. Many of the domains I have sold on DAN have been sold like that.
Ok....

Got some views on my domain on dan.... No sale yet

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I am getting a lot of visitors from China.

USA>China>India>Brazil

Brazil is surprising

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back