Domain Empire

discuss .DIRECT Extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mlebo

Top Member
Impact
Good evening Domainers,

Has anyone done anything with the .Direct domains? Bought, developed, or sold? It just seems to be a great outlet for retailing products.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I just checked the number of developed .direct domains again. It went up by 10,000 in 5 hours!!!! It is now 501,000.

•••
Number of developed .DIRECT domains are up to 522,000!!

•••
I dont have any but I saw one developed .... Http://brand.direct by @headsupp ... Amazing site.

For , I am not sure I will get any .direct domains.

•••
I only have

upload_2015-10-11_2-7-16.png

@kohsamui
your list contains some nice strong names. Aren't they premium priced? (I'm talking about the renewal fees)

•••
That is a nice site. I am sure the number and quality of sites will grow quickly.

•••
Thanks Fellas. Submitted enough domains to Brandroot and Brandbucket.com, so I figured I would list the other rejected domains on my own marketplace.

I only got two.
Brand.direct
Insure.direct

•••
Forgot about

Apps.direct
Medicare.direct

•••
I'm sorry, but I think this is wrong TLD like as .cheap, .best etc
direct(.)dating - RIGHT
dating(.)direct - WRONG

•••
•••
•••
•••
cuz "datingdirect" is a brand.

Yeah, a potential generic one that makes it even better. I found no trademarks on it. It could even be MY brand. ;)

Edit: Found one in Europe for the whole phrase combined. However this is a domain name put together with two extremely generic words. So far, no one have lost such in a UDRP, as far as I know. Also, we are a Asian company, with no intention whatsoever to compete with any european dating sites.

Last edited:
•••
I just checked the number of developed .direct domains again. It went up by 10,000 in 5 hours!!!! It is now 501,000.

Are there even 500,000 .direct names registered? I don't think the search you are using is giving you the info you think it is giving you.

I like .direct, don't get me wrong but half a million developed sites using .direct? I'm pretty sure that is not correct, to be direct.

•••
My .Direct domains are getting a lot more attention lately. Has anyone else noticing an increase?

•••
Hmm,

The total number of registered .DIRECT is about 8000.

Source: https://ntldstats.com/tld/direct

My apologies for passing on incorrect information previously and thank you Kohsamui and Traveler for correcting me. I was given incorrect information and unknowingly passed it on.
The search must include additional development within the sites.

•••
The only one I have is 333.direct

•••
•••
I love .direct, it is one of my favorite new extensions. Great way to brand a keyword, especially for sales.
I have:
Cigars.Direct
Gear.Direct
Technology.Direct
Stream.Direct
Talk.Direct
Transfer.Direct

I'm thinking of trying out some affiliate programs with a few of these names. For now, just holding them.

•••
I justed regged DN.Direct. Thoughts?

•••
^ Really nice! how much did that baby go for?

•••
I have OLED dot direct ... waiting for the OLED tech to get more "mainstream".
This is the only dot direct I have and I don't think I'll reg any others.

•••
Hello,

I have bought these:

- Dating .direct
- Euro .direct
- Call .direct
- Inter .direct
- Clean .direct
- Korea .direct
- School .direct
- Team .direct
- Agent .direct
- Tattoo .direct

All are just up for sale. Nothing developed, at least yet. I've not sold any yet, but have had offers on "Korea" and "School".

the school.direct could be the next facebook do not sell unless you get a fortune for it because someone is going to create a global online school in any language and that is the domain name that the next facebook will want to buy from you - you reckon i'm joking i bought a .com version of a similar theme because school is going online globally and i reckon quite soon

•••
Anyone else doing anything with the .direct extension?

bought a few but no longer own a few but own a couple still

own for a few days more knickers.direct

bought but did not renew so let go but did buy these but no longer own them

paint.direct steel.direct leasing.direct gates.direct numberplates.direct skips.direct

still own aluminium.drect not to be confused the business

and still own stationery.direct which i am looking to sell

but having tested the .direct on a personal website google recognises the .direct as direct in google search engine rankings

•••
I like .direct. Great for any kind of retail operation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back