Dynadot

Digital Reality - News & Showcase

NameSilo
Watch

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
While catching up on some CES 2020 I happened to notice a term being used multiple times, "Digital Reality."

The term according to Deloitte, who really seems to be embracing it, says:

"Digital Reality represents the next digital transformation. It changes how we engage with technology, through augmented-, virtual-, and mixed-reality, 360 video, and immersive experiences that are at once intuitive and data-rich, and which put the human user at the center of design."

The described definition seems very powerful and covers vast technologies. As a result there may be opportunity here.

What do you think?

Share, learn and discuss below.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Thanks for the heads up on this, just registered:

DigitizedReality.com

There seems to be a lot of search results for it.

•••
•••
There are a lot of terms for these kind of technologies....digital reality will not likely become the most marketable because it's too generic.

Last edited:
•••
There are a lot of terms for these kind of technologies....digital reality will not likely become the most marketable because it's too generic.
I occasionally hear domain investors use the term "too generic." However, I don't agree with that. Examples being Shoes.com, VacationRentals.com, Hotels.com, etc., etc.

•••
I occasionally hear domain investors use the term "too generic." However, I don't agree with that. Examples being Shoes.com, VacationRentals.com, Hotels.com, etc., etc.

Perhaps I should have said "too broad"... Digital reality is so generic and *broad* that it doesn't describe anything particular...it's like using the term "vehicle" instead of "car" ...

If you had digitalreality.com I'd salute you, but that is as far as I'd go domaining wise... Not a whole lot of branding flexibility when adding a third word to this term and I highly doubt DR will become (yet another) popular industry acronym...

Last edited:
•••
Virtual + Digital
=
Virtual.Digital

Virtual.Digital.png

•••
DigitalReality/tv

available..

•••
I think Digital Reality could include/describe better all virtual technologies. Domaining wise gTLDs will look definitely better than 3 words Tlds.

Thank you Internet.Domains for the heads up. I followed your reasoning and just changed .app to .games & .media :xf.grin:

•••
I think when I hear these terms i look at what is taken and available and scale whether I am going to have anything desirable. Also look at why it is a term and who is using it eg: asking for showcase.

In last 30 years we worked out how to get a white background on a computer with black text think it is here to stay and will be the popular news people like to read.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for this thread @Internet.Domains

The idea of a broader term makes sense since many things now are some mix of augmented and virtual reality, and indeed simple 3D view photography.

So do people think DR as an acronym will be really popular, or will people say DigitalReality more?

Thanks again,

Bob

•••
Thanks for this thread @Internet.Domains

The idea of a broader term makes sense since many things now are some mix of augmented and virtual reality, and indeed simple 3D view photography.

So do people think DR as an acronym will be really popular, or will people say DigitalReality more?

Thanks again,

Bob

There is XR btw

•••
There might be a difference in what the Tech world accepts as the most encompassing name in this field and the term or abbreviation that the general public might adopt for it, every time you think you have the ultimate name there comes a new technology that changes everything so in my opinion it might be best to choose a generic name that can stand the test of time and encompass all the new innovations that might happen in the future.

One thing is for sure everything is becoming digitized nowadays and "Digital" might be able to replace "Augmented" and "Virtual" in the future as more and more of our lives become stored in the Cloud.

IMO

•••
Digi Realities

(
in dawt com )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back