NameSilo

discuss Did you ever spend a bunch just because?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I bought pledgeofallegiance.com today because I loved the name! I paid almost $5,000 and I don't care. I have no idea what it's worth and I don't really care right now.
Anyone buy a name just because you liked it or was it purely for profit?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have one for a heavy rock / metal band too, hoping they'll want it because it's exact match and I sold one last year to another band.
How much did you sold to a band?
High xxx?

•••
I wish I had that "just because" money to spend...

•••
I have hand regged names just because I liked the sound of them, that's what eventually led to me domaining. Not sure I'd ever spend big money for that reason though.
started with hand regs , now domaining, next just because see how it works ? ;) It's a right of passage!
Happy Hunting

•••
I never buy names 'just because'. I learned my lesson years ago.

Once I waited almost ten years for a domain to drop because I refused to pay the 3k the person wanted. It wasn't even worth near that much. Just a domain I used to have when I first started in 2001 and I wanted it back for nostalgic reasons. I finally got the name back for reg fee when it was finally dropped. :)
Nice catch !

•••
I was once smitten by MakeMillionBakeBillion.com. I read the phrase somewhere and was impressed. I registered but dropped it after one year.

•••
That's how YOU think. I cant make money on my Denali but I bought. Sometimes you buys things as a want not a need.

What Denali one? I sold a Denali name for $388 in the fall I believe through Afternic. Could that be you?

•••
I haven't spent so much for buying domain names. And as I remember I have bought only one domain name so far which I spent $x. Others are just hand registered. Sold quite few names. And dropped many.

I am still learning about domain names and trying to develop names that I have right now which might worth spending by others.

No matter how crap is the domain name, if I love it I want it. I just wanted to trash that habit on registering domain names. So, I stopped registering/buying domain names.

•••
I bought pledgeofallegiance.com today because I loved the name! I paid almost $5,000 and I don't care.
Most Americans spend $5,000+ every year on junk food and a thousand other impulse purchases of things they don't need. Your purchase could turn a profit one day, it doesn't come out your other end, and it doesn't get flushed down the toilet.

Wise investment!

I'm American and allowed to make this opinion. :-P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back