Domain Empire

discuss Did children.app sell for over $140,000?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Several hours ago children.app was on Name.com expired with a price of over $140,000.

picturemessage_1cu4iblv.yhg.png

This for whatever reason was the Name.com expired price. I kept checking it regularly over the last however many hours, and its price remained the same until around 20 minutes ago I checked again and this happened..

upload_2020-6-14_23-24-12.png

AFAIK name.com expired prices only drop once per day, and it hadn't reached that point yet.

Does this mean someone bought it at that price?

I can see .app has been gaining popularity recently but if we could confirm a sale of this magnitude it could set .app on the way to becoming the next .co/.io type of alternative investment.

@name.com is there anyway you could confirm or deny the above?

NOTE: Just to emphasise.. this was a Name.com expired domain and afaik the price was still $140,000 just a few hours ago when I checked. NOT a public domain or one being sold by an investor.

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-14_23-24-30.png
    upload_2020-6-14_23-24-30.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Several hours ago children.app was on Name.com expired with a price of over $140,000.

Show attachment 158010

This for whatever reason was the Name.com expired price. I kept checking it regularly over the last however many hours, and its price remained the same until around 20 minutes ago I checked again and this happened..

Show attachment 158008

AFAIK name.com expired prices only drop once per day, and it hadn't reached that point yet.

Does this mean someone bought it at that price?

I can see .app has been gaining popularity recently but if we could confirm a sale of this magnitude it could set .app on the way to becoming the next .co/.io type of alternative investment.

@name.com is there anyway you could confirm or deny the above?

NOTE: Just to emphasise.. this was a Name.com expired domain and afaik the price was still $140,000 just a few hours ago when I checked. NOT a public domain or one being sold by an investor.

I don't think .app even expire on Name.com not a selection when you search by extension.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••

Yeah I saw this just now as well. It will let you pay for it but will show an order failed status. I think the link from Sedo is outdated for whatever reason.

The actual Name.com expired price was £112,000 as shown in my screenshot in the original post. I kept checking it regularly because 1) I was confused by this price and 2) was hoping it would drop down but I never saw it drop, which prompted my post.

•••
Yeah I saw this just now as well. It will let you pay for it but will show an order failed status. I think the link from Sedo is outdated for whatever reason.

The actual Name.com expired price was £112,000 as shown in my screenshot in the original post. I kept checking it regularly because 1) I was confused by this price and 2) was hoping it would drop down but I never saw it drop, which prompted my post.

I would imagine it's some glitch Dave, I doubt someone hit the buy it now and paid 112,000 GBP

•••
I would imagine it's some glitch Dave, I doubt someone hit the buy it now and paid 112,000 GBP

Yes it is likely a glitch, hence why I asked here in case others have seen it or if @name.com wish to reply to confirm if it is a glitch or not.

Though I suppose my original post was more speculation than anything, for that I apologize.

I have emailed their support also.

•••
Show attachment 158012

I just added it to my cart

How were you able to add it to cart? I see .app in the name.com expiry stream on expireddomains, but everytime I click through, they all show as taken on name.com. Every single one.

•••
How were you able to add it to cart? I see .app in the name.com expiry stream on expireddomains, but everytime I click through, they all show as taken on name.com. Every single one.

Yeah at first I was able to add .app domains to my cart. But some days ago all that stopped working and now no .app works at all.

I have been in touch with Name support and they've told me that .app domains shouldn't showing up in expired at all, and it is a bug they're working to fix.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back