NameSilo

Did GoDaddy Sell these guys out?

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I doubt Go Daddy "sold out". Most likely the Feds faxed those warrants to the
GD people telling them about it, then GD shut the domain down.

•••
I don't know what involvement (if any) GoDaddy had, but if selling out means putting a stop to criminals that are illegally copying and distributing other people's copyrighted original work, then by all means, I hope they did "sell out", and I hope more registrars, hosting providers and ISP's "sell out".

•••
I`m not going to defend piracy but the thing is that these kind of sites do not distribute or host any illegal files.They only provide the links to find the files.
It`s all kind of murky legally (to me at least). There are thousands of sites like these and as soon as they close one , more pop up.
They closed this site because they were linking to a torrent to find the latest star wars movie.The movie could be found online just hours after the premiere, maybe even before the premiere since most of these "leaks" come from the studios themselves.
This post is getting too long,maybe more like a Break Room thread :p

•••
•••
That's great, the FBI is now the enforcement arm of the MPAA.

Good thing they can shut down torrent sites at-will, because you know - all they do is distribute illegal files over the Internet.

•••
Yeesh. The government aint never gonna stop this shit from happening. It is a vicious cycle. One site goes down then another goes up. That's how the net works.

•••
GoDaddy once dos attacked my friends server for not selling one of his domains to them. they are evil!

•••
ha

ha, how does that work? Damn man, GoDaddy I thought was supposed to be a nice peaceful Domain Seller lol...

-RageD

•••
GoDaddy once threw rocks at my house because I said Bob Parsons had bad breath. :guilty:

•••
Fiction can be fun can't it kids lol :)

•••
•••
bafoon said:
GoDaddy once dos attacked my friends server for not selling one of his domains to them.

I seriously doubt that, and you really shouldn't post such accusations without providing proof.

:td:

Last edited:
•••
Id rather not go into detail. Lets just leave it at that.

•••
bafoon said:

Riiiiiiight.

•••
Jonathan said:
GoDaddy once threw rocks at my house because I said Bob Parsons had bad breath. :guilty:

That was sooo funnny

:)

•••
bafoon said:
GoDaddy once dos attacked my friends server for not selling one of his domains to them. they are evil!

bafoon said:

If you are going to make ridiculous claims against a company and then not back it up with proof and facts then don't post the rubbish. Your unwillingness to explain it further is obvious that you're making false claims against them, which could be considered as slander. :td:

•••
What people use their domains for its not actually goDaddy's responsibility. so i don't see why they would sell them out.

•••
You really should be very careful about making claims that you don't/can't backup - it can get you into a lot of trouble very quickly. I truly doubt GoDaddy dos'ed your friend's server because he wouldn't sell a name. They've got better things to do.

•••
wow .. they are banend by real authorities

:bingo:

•••
I think people are confusing the terms " Doing the right thing " with " sell out" .

I this case I congratulate GoDaddy for shutting them down.

Cheers.

•••
StudioWorks said:
I think people are confusing the terms " Doing the right thing " with " sell out" .

I this case I congratulate GoDaddy for shutting them down.

Cheers.

I agree I think GoDaddy did the right move. Anybody that does something illegal with their domain should get it taken away. In no way did they sell them out.

•••
•••
Good, I hope GoDaddy did "sell them out". Those companies are running a profitable business, if they do this, they lose money.

•••
LOL look at the whois info....
Its INVALID!!!! :P

Also dweeb GoDaddy can do what they want when you break the laws or violate their ToS. Thats why so many spammers that used GoDaddy have lost their domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back