NameSilo

discuss Did Dan remove the ability to reply to the messages?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I got an offer on a name, the person also sent a message. Usually there is a box that I could respond to the message in Dan, now that box is gone. I still see the message box on older messages with buyers. I tried a different device too. I did a test offer to this same domain and sent myself a message, I got the message but no way to reply. The only option on that box is the counter, cancel, send to broker etc.

I assume it's a bug because why would they still allow people to message you but you cannot respond? I did notify dan.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@LaszloSchenk @DAN.COM

@bmugford I am tagging you because I know you use dan and are active, did you notice this issue? If you want I can do a test, just post or PM me the name.

Last edited:
•••
I seem to remember you have to counter then you can message. I think.

•••
Good morning @AEProgram,

@D Haynes is right. You would have to attend to an offer first prior to the message box opening up to you. The reason why, we noticed in the past that often users tend to revert to negotiating in text which ultimately caused the wrong offer to get accepted. This caused a lot of friction and severely delayed the closing time of your sales.

Have a great day.

•••
I seem to remember you have to counter then you can message. I think.
you are right. The buyer asked a question in such a way I wanted to reply without the counter and couldn't think that I needed to counter to reply. Thank you

•••
Good morning @AEProgram,

@D Haynes is right. You would have to attend to an offer first prior to the message box opening up to you. The reason why, we noticed in the past that often users tend to revert to negotiating in text which ultimately caused the wrong offer to get accepted. This caused a lot of friction and severely delayed the closing time of your sales.

Have a great day.
thanks, wish I saw that notice so I would've countered no problem

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back