NameSilo

devolvement (dot) com

Labeled as domain in Domain Appraisal started by Don Gondon, Jun 27, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

1. Acquisition Reason: its a one-word .com, non-archaic, with Wikipedia article, Investopedia article, some up-to-date usage
    2. Markets: something financial
    3. Research: according to ED, somebody owned it from 2013 to 2016. For some reason, devolvement seems to be an India-specific term
    4. End-User Value: high xxx to low xxxx probably?
    5. Reseller Value: low xxx probably?
    6. Traffic:
    7. Revenue:
    8. Age: less than 1 day
    9. Miscellaneous:

Please share your opinions!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP

I am not sure I have a lot to contribute to the excellent research you have already done yourself, but here are a few possibly relevant points.
    • I was not really familiar with the term, so I looked up in ngram viewer how popular the term is in books. Its use has significantly increased since 1965 so that is good.
    • It is, primarily, an investment banking term with (for me) about 150,000 results. Not too impressive, but English language dictionary words available to register are rare. If I were you would mainly concentrate on who might use the domain name.
    • I see this as the sort of domain that IF it did sell would be low $$$$ or high $$$ but the probability of sale is probably low. If you feel comfortable to put a number on it from your research, say 1/100 in any one year * $900 net proceeds suggests that at $9 per year cost it is break even.
    Best wishes if you choose to take a gamble on it, and I commend you for the clear and logical post you used to start the thread.

Bob

3. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

Thanks, Bob!
    Yeah, I already think this has very little chance of selling without doing some outbound to possible end users. Maybe a side-infosite linking to the main site of some consulting service to catch leads from search results.
    Kudos goes to NP, I simply went with the recommended template.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!