Dynadot

new gtlds .Design Is Live & Almost Everything is Available Including Single Letter & Two Letter Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
.Design just launched today into general availability and virtually every domain name is available including single letters and two letter domain names, for a price.
Domain names like E.Design and A.Design and X.Design can be registered for $6,500 with renewal pricing at $6,500 a year at Godaddy (i.Design and u.design are either taken or reserved).
Some domain names have been registered at premium rates including great.design and good.design that were available yesterday which I think were priced around 900 a year.
Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Single letter is available but it is showing "Registry Premium Domain" and prcied @ $6000 :xf.confused: :xf.frown:

•••
registering freelance . design :)
then noticed price tag of $2,599.99 :(

it seems to be that all of the good names have been registered and sold as premium names, with premium renewals

•••
All I can say tonight is I'm glad I got in early on several new gTLDS. I searched around for an hour at .design and everything I liked was priced at a premium price and not worth the investment.

This is the new trend, up-charging gTLDS, knocking out the domainers. Personally I think they're shooting themselves in the foot with this new tactic.

Over the past year I've been able to reg some great one word and short L, LLL extensions at reg fee. A, L.design costs thousands, a LL.design costs hundreds, a LLL.design is a hundred plus and good one word is even in the thousands with the same renewal too.

Hasn't things changed in a year? :(

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
just an absurd idea as i saw that greatdesign was $900 per year!

as it is a .design, i thought it would be g.reat to have a domain hack, but now i am not so sure!

•••
All I can say tonight is I'm glad I got in early on several new gTLDS. I searched around for an hour at .design and everything I liked was priced at a premium price and not worth the investment.

This is the new trend, up-charging gTLDS, knocking out the domainers. Personally I think they're shooting themselves in the foot with this new tactic.

Over the past year I've been able to reg some great one word and short L, LLL extensions at reg fee. A, L.design costs thousands, a LL.design costs hundreds, a LLL.design is a hundred plus and good one word is even in the thousands with the same renewal too.

Hasn't things changed in a year? :(

It indeed has, most registries are very greedy now. They leave almost nothing on the table. And overall the renewals are just silly, why should I pay an annual fee of mid $xxx when the .com version sold for low $xxx in todays market.

I will not waste my time nor feed the worst registries around like Rightside, M&M and Uniregistry (partly) if it ain't a 1st tier name.

•••
•••
•••
Most of these gTLDs base their prices on getting a quick and probably one off return on their initial investments from a select few premium domain sales as opposed to pricing to achieve volume and market take up which let's face it is not surprising when you consider how few words actually fit nicely or relevantly with some of them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back