Labeled as offers in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by envos, Sep 4, 2019.
I would've taken it. unless you have solid leads
It is 100% better to sell and then reinvest money than losing few years while dreaming about another buyers...
Domaining is also a question of luck... never forget this factor.
Legacy terms like "business plan" are irrelevant here.
Well, you won't go anywhere if you won't take a risk. Life is all about taking risks. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. In either case, you will earn something or you will learn something.
Nah. I got a 600 offer on voice///ed/// it in king a couple of years ago. Never got an offer since.
$1 to 950 would've been hot af if it weren't for sedo's 30% commish
domaining is a business apart from conventional business
you can have 10 queries in a few months,
then zero for a few years
all profitable business rely on cashflow period
so you better get a deal done at a profit when it's possible
if you can buy a domain at 500$ that is worth 20-100X, you take the money and you get that domain name
if are not targeting $10.000 USD with that domain
it would have been wise to accept
let sedo know you accept it
and let them close the deal
I agree. A few years ago I hand registered Officialized.com ( unfortunately I accidentally let it expire.)
I hand registered DiscoveryDesk.com sold it for $2,850. to someone who found me through who is.
The next day I hand reg DiscoverDesk.com
A few months ago I hand reg Levitaste.com and I just turned down an offer for $350.
I also hand reg PerfectlyPutt.com a few months ago.
A week later after the closing of the negotiation here is another offer (I believe from the same company). Let me explain why it is € 1.359.
Here is the auction:
Company: € 849
- Me: € 1.359
Company: € 950
- Me: "I close the negotiation"
Now they're giving me the asked amount. I'll wait few days but I already know what I will do, unless someone changes my mind. I want to take it for few years.
In the end I did some investigations and decided to sell it at the final price of 1.3k
It's my first sale, it couldn't have been better.
Congrats on the sale
If you prefer MakeOffer model - use your own or 3rd party Contact Form...
In terms of smooth negotiations and for higher results - any marketplace is a bad choice.
And regarding ROI...
It should be calculated per whole portfolio.
1 domain doesn't mean anything.
Congrats on the sale. My first big sale was $5k USD was a handreg in .com.
By selling and picking up a few more names you replenish your inventory, increase your odds of generating more/regular cash flow x fold, possibly cover renewal costs for a few more years and most importantly for you, given that you are relatively new to this, you'll learn a lot more during the process outlined above as opposed to sitting on 1 domain name waiting to get more than the $1.3k you closed at.
In what time frame?
That real estate comparison does not compute. If I put a house on sale for $350k minimum offer and I get a $385k quick cash offer, I would probably take it. If I chose not to take and waited 5 years (with the house still on the market), the property will likely lose value as people don't like to buy houses that have been on the market for so long.
Nevertheless, I would have accepted. I would suggest putting the minimum offer higher if the amount is not something you are happy with. If you are solely basing the decision to sell on how long it took for an offer to come in, I find it perplexing.
I would list it with BIN only or would do it after the 950 offer. BIN works better for most domains. BIN eliminates lengthy offers-counter offers negotiations and creates urgency feeling in buyers as anyone is far only 1 click from buying it.
I think Sedo is the leader in selling ccTLD, especially de and other European ccTLD's. You might borrow most of your success to Sedo.
Do you mean from when i started with domains or when i reg'd the domain. If the first it was years until i got that $5k.
If from when i reg'd it, it might have been over 1 year but under 2 years...i am going of memory here to be honest. I was doing a lot of research on trends etc at that time and weed was something being legalised in majority of the states in the USA. Being too late to reg any decent names, i looked at other countries and got a UK weed name.. I think a domain investor purchased it via Uni with a strong first offer. There is a post here with the name and some detail.
Separate names with a comma.