Dynadot

Dark side of Domain Parking... Pretty good payouts and overall a sweet deal but not s

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mike031

WannaDevelop.comEstablished Member
Impact
The various domain pay per click parking services are the backbone of the domain industry... Without them most domainers would be screwed. Many of the domain parking companies are responsible for most of the industry's expansion over the years as they have helped with the monetization of the traffic... They provide such a sweet deal. You park and forget... Everything is done automatically!! Yea, so awesome... Sounds good right? But there are various issues with domain parking companies that you don't hear much about. I think now is a good time to put it out there and let people digest it and take away whatever people want from it. It's all based on my personal experiences as well as from talking to various individuals that run pay per click parking companies as well as big spenders in the search engine marketing game.

Now... if you don't already know, I am the accounts supervisor over at Maxxximize.com so I am in charge of approving all new clients that come in. We have probably accepted less than 80% of all people that have applied for our services. Why? A lot of the submissions are from scammers and fraudsters trying to game us. A bunch of them we weren't able to catch on at the door and actually let them in. But sooner than later, they are exposed... How? Well, we monitor the traffic levels as well as actual conversion rates and do comparisons and use various methods to verify that the incoming traffic is actually humans and so on. So here is a little insight into the domain parking phenomena below and some of the major issues that exist.

I'll start this off by sharing an experience I had back in 2005 which changed my perspective on domain name parking, fraudsters and online business. It was a pretty good lesson.. So, a few years ago a random person, outta nowhere, contacted me on one of the domain forums and wanted an invitation to a domain parking program which at that time was by invite only and not available to sign p for by the general public. He found me through a discussion of domain parking which I praised the service from personal experience. I didn't really know the person very well or heard much about him but didn't think much of it, so heck, why not... I helped him join the program. I've helped dozens of people join various programs. Not just for the sake of helping him but because I could collect a 5% or 10% commission on all of his earnings... That was the real incentive. It is a nice side income.

Fast forward about seven or eight month's later, I get a strange e-mail from one of the account reps over at this domain parking company which I don't want to mention and they notify me that they have terminated my account and withholding all payouts. Strange! I replied and asked what exactly is going on... Especially because I was not even using this parking company for at least a few month's. So what I was told is that the one person I mentioned above who I referred was actually involved with click fraud. I guess the parking company had assumed that I was somehow related to him and decided to close down my account as well just to be safe? Uhh... I guess.

Fast forward a few more month's and later the CEO of the company e-mails, in regards to a totally unrelated issue, and on a side note did ask me what I thought of their new program which they had rolled out and how my experience was and why I am not using them anymore for any domain parking blah blah.... I told him that my account was terminated a while ago and that I am not so much involved in parking domains and so on so it doesn't really matter... He said that he would investigate and try to figure out what exactly went down because that didn't make any sense. Of course he did this becaue he wanted my business and he knew better that I would never do any click fraud or anything silly to cause my account to be closed down.

Well, it turns out that the person who I referred and helped setup an account over there actually tried to make it look like he was my "business partner" and when I was forwarded all of the e-mails where he made demands and threats against the parking company that "we" which meant him and me would bring forward if they didn't do this and that... Crazy! Do you know those inquiries you get on the forums from time to time via private messages or e-mail from random people, mostly new members, asking to use your parking account and they will pay you a lot of money in return or sometimes even do a revenue share just if you help them setup one? What about offers to straight out buy your parking account?? Yep... Those are all scams.

There is actually an underground black market for domain parking accounts. The ones that are free and open to the public are the cheapest and the ones that are the most restrictive and selective which require manual approval or only avail by invitation go for quiet a bit. Oh, so you didn't know? You didn't think this was going on... Trust me, it has been going on for years and will continue to happen for years to come as long as there is money to be made... There will be abuse. It exists in every industry and the domain industry is no exception! There is no getting away from it unfortunately. But who is to blame? Well, it is definitely the parking companies fault. The companies don't care and they don't feel responsible for some reason.

Why is it the domain parking company fault though? Well, because they turn their shoulder on this issues... Most of the domain parking companies are using the same technologies that were developed years ago when they first launched their service and there are no major upgrades.... Ever. None of them update their back end as often as one would think. The types of upgrades they do make is all "cosmetic" which are new lander optimization setup, different or unique headers or color themes, etc. Sure, they look really pretty and totally cool and awesome and will definitely "wow" a domainer and knock your socks right off but come on... Is it really anything to get excited over or that big of a deal this days? We are in the year 2009...

Domain investors are some of the most newish people on the internet, that is the truth, and many don't hide this and straight out admit to this and it is so easy to impress them either with a cool picture on a parked domain name or a made up stat that the parking company will make available as part of a "new major upgrade" to their systems. This is done in order to keep peoples hopes alive that they can make even more money in the future and to keep the next generation of newbies on the hook.

So anyways, what is the real reason that the domain parking companies don't close down all of the accounts which clearly have all the red flags and signs of click fraud and abuse? For example, accounts with domain names that generate traffic only from other websites via referrals... Accounts that only generate traffic on the most ridiculous and made up domain names like 347357.net or free-lawyer-consultation.info or mesothelioma-attorneys-online.biz with absolutely no referrers or unresolved ip's?? Well, it is greed of course. Those accounts are earning $1,000's each and every day... The parking companies get a nice 20 to 30 percent commission off of that traffic earnings so they turn their shoulder and pretend like there is nothing wrong. The advertiser gets all this worthless traffic... And you wonder why most advertisers choose to opt out of the domain channel?? Ha...

The red flags should be visible immediately... Within a few days or a week maximum. You see, the fraudsters and scammers accounts traffic and revenues continue to increase each and day.. They literally flood you with traffic. This is actually how they get caught most of the time because they do not know when or where to stop. It is such easy money that they keep going and going and pushing their luck. The fraudsters are all greedy and stupid for the most part and don't have very good self control. Maybe some of the parking companies don't catch on to this issues because they have thousands of active accounts and only one person in charge of the whole operation, which is a possibility, because there is a lot of parking companies that are a one or two man operation. They are not really as big of a business or operation as one would think. They do not have multiple support and other staff or offices and all this complex infrastructure. All they have is a direct agreement and access to an advertisement inventory made available to them by Google or Yahoo which they let you in on if you decide to split profits with them three ways.

There are a couple of very smart and clever domain scammers/fraudsters that operate very complex click fraud operations within the domain channel. Whatever some individual trademark infringers do is actually dwarfed 100x compared to this. This people own premium keyword domain names as well. These people lease out premium keyword domain names month-to-month... These people register generic three and four keyword domain names daily and park them and feed untargeted and crap traffic to the domain channel. These people are just your average domainers I guess with thousands of domain names... Catch is, they are mostly feeding traffic from link spamming, internet messenger/chatroom spam as well as adware/spyware. They block the referrers/headers and have developed tools and systems to distribute traffic from any one or multiple sources to thousands of domains throughout the day and not get caught.

It is virtually impossible to zero in on these people because they have multiple accounts at each and every domain parking company that exists out there, I am pretty sure of this and they own thousands of domain names. I never understood why domain parking companies accepted expired link traffic though... This is just asking for trouble. Recipe for a major disaster. Domain parking is for "inactive" domain names... But as domain parking took off and people found out about the "easy money" lots of people started building up websites and building up the traffic to those websites and then few month's later they park them. Real smart!

Well, the domain parking companies have had it's better days and as you can see, there are so many flaws within the whole operation that it is really hopeless. Not even a major shake up will help. There isn't one solution they could go with in order to fix the problems. Things have just gotten way outta hand... I could spend about another few hours writing up of all of the other issues that exist within the domain parking setup and concept but it's really pointless.

The time has come... People are waking up and starting to figure this out on their own. Google is already well aware of this problem and has seriously considered to pull the plug on the domain channel a couple of times in the past. Google has already held payouts and done "clawbacks" going back as far as a few month's on certain peoples accounts. It's all there... The nail in the coffin? Soon soon. How long does domain parking companies have? Will they be around next year? It's hard to tell... They are at the mercy of the only two providers of the ad feeds. One day though without any notice or warning signs you may wake up and your traffic will be monetized by a third tier pay per click engine with payouts at 1/10th of what they used to be. So if you are solely relying on parking revenue and you do not have any other monetization options, you need to make backup plans, right now!!!

I personally saw all this problems few years ago and I'm really surprised parking has stayed around for so long. It was one of the reasons that made me want to quit once I accomplished my goals. Luckily, I parked a ton of domains and made a killing from doing so during the "golden" daysI quit parking domain names at the end of 2005 for good and that was one of the best business decisions that I have made in my life and I never even look back. It's shocking to me that everybody chooses to ignore all of this problems and carry on with business as if nothing is wrong. I think that once we look at domain parking, from a historic prospective, maybe a year or two from today, we will all be just shaking our heads and looking at eachother in disbelief that it did actually happen... It's all about the benjamins eh? Carry on then Google, Parking companies and whoever else wants a piece of the action.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GREAT article! Wish there was comments so i can always compliment you on your writings! I think I tried to get into Maxxximize a couple months back. Not sure what happened with that!

•••
I hear what you are saying, certain elements are still sleazy, but it is slowly but surely getting cleaned up...... and if the parking co's don't do it G will. From what I have heard, the parking co's have been warned and G is sick of the slow progress.

However, I believe parking is not going anywhere.......its still a $2.8 billion industry......and that is probably the only reason G has not dropped it.....they can't let Yahoo or Microsoft get a piece of that. It would be a big leg up for either Yahoo or Microsoft if Google had a 0% market share of parking.

Parking still converts to sales like crazy.....even with the garbage traffic, referral traffic, and TM traffic mixed in with the clean generic traffic.

•••
Fka200 said:
GREAT article! Wish there was comments so i can always compliment you on your writings! I think I tried to get into Maxxximize a couple months back. Not sure what happened with that!

thanks ;)

i receive a lot of positive feedback via e-mail...

some e-mails arent so positive but its all good ;)

i do read everything tho, good or bad, appreciate it either way

•••
very well thought and written...

learned a few things, thanks so much!

j

•••
mike031 said:
The various domain pay per click parking services are the backbone of the domain industry... Without them most domainers would be screwed. Many of the domain parking companies are responsible for most of the industry's expansion over the years as they have helped with the monetization of the traffic... They provide such a sweet deal. You park and forget... Everything is done automatically!! Yea, so awesome... Sounds good right? But there are various issues with domain parking companies that you don't hear much about. I think now is a good time to put it out there and let people digest it and take away whatever people want from it. It's all based on my personal experiences as well as from talking to various individuals that run pay per click parking companies as well as big spenders in the search engine marketing game...

Great article.

Repped!

•••
I'm not sure I'm following you. You stopped parking domains a few years ago because a small percentage of people game the system? I don't see how that is a smart business decision because the only one you're hurting is yourself.

•••
Michael said:
I'm not sure I'm following you. You stopped parking domains a few years ago because a small percentage of people game the system? I don't see how that is a smart business decision because the only one you're hurting is yourself.

i stopped because i saw things only going downhill from at the peaks where they were in 2005... and i was right.

there is life beyond domain parking... domain parking is just a temporary solution. it is not a very good business... u are leaving too much money on the table.

when u park, u are giving up at least 5x of the actual "per click" value on each visitor.

when u setup an actual site with an affiliate for example, u can immediately increase ur earnings at minimum with 5x - 10x on each and every sale/lead... try it sometime, it may open your eyes to a whole new world out there

•••
mike031 said:
i stopped because i saw things only going downhill from at the peaks where they were in 2005... and i was right.

there is life beyond domain parking... domain parking is just a temporary solution. it is not a very good business... u are leaving too much money on the table.

when u park, u are giving up at least 5x of the actual "per click" value on each visitor.

when u setup an actual site with an affiliate for example, u can immediately increase ur earnings at minimum with 5x - 10x on each and every sale/lead... try it sometime, it may open your eyes to a whole new world out there
So you developed every single one of the domains in your portfolio? If you have any that aren't resolving, that seems pretty silly to me. Sure, parking is going downhill, but 50% of what you used to make is better than 0%, right?

•••
amenzl said:
I'm not following either. Seems to me the adult industry, mentioning because of your affiliation w/ Maxxximize.com, has a darker side than the domain industry.

darker side?

what industry doesnt have a DARK side?? lol

also, if u dont really know much about an industry, just basing stuff on how they "seem" or what u were told by somebodys uncles cousin grandmother brothers son is not so smart... and what is the point anyways?

look, they are different industries... domain industry is based on pay per click model... at most u can make a few bucks

adult industry thrives on actual SALES and pays upto $200 for each and every valid membership signup and provides revenue shares for recurring sales which are billed at $30 or $40 per month... over the period of one year u can make hundreds of dollars off of 1 visitor

from parking u would of only made 10 cents off of that adult visitor who clicks off ur parked page

Michael said:
So you developed every single one of the domains in your portfolio? If you have any that aren't resolving, that seems pretty silly to me. Sure, parking is going downhill, but 50% of what you used to make is better than 0%, right?

i sold off all of the domain names which i acquired for the sole purpose of "parking" em which were all mostly expired, etc... i quit "domaining" and moved onto bigger and better things :)

started fresh by registering generic keyword domains, and yes i did develop everything i have bought ever since... i dont buy names just to hold on to them for the sake of bragging "look i have this many domains... ha ha i am so cool"

•••
I doubt many people are in this industry solely for bragging rights, most people purchase domains for investment purposes, not pissing contests. If you don't have the means, skills, or time to develop domains you are holding for reselling, parking seems like a decent alternative to having the domains not resolve. Sure, the parking industry needs some reform/transparency, but is the only solution to give up and sell all your undeveloped properties? I certainly hope not.

•••
Michael said:
I doubt many people are in this industry solely for bragging rights, most people purchase domains for investment purposes, not pissing contests. If you don't have the means, skills, or time to develop domains you are holding for reselling, parking seems like a decent alternative to having the domains not resolve. Sure, the parking industry needs some reform/transparency, but is the only solution to give up and sell all your undeveloped properties? I certainly hope not.

everybody does things their own different way... its all good

food for thought;

if u are a serious developer........once u park a domain, u are actually working backwards... GOOGLE does not like parked domains, so if u plan to develop a domain, u should never ever park it as u risk of getting a penalty and / or ban

then, hwnever u do want to develop.. u will have to do additional "recovery work" and re-establish ur credibility and trust with the search engine... we are talking about months

there isnt too many professional webmasters/developers who build sites for a living who park domains

domainers arent developers by nature, never have and never will be so i dont expect em to get this right.... ;)

•••
amenzl said:
So then what is really the point in this? To proclaim what? Parking has it's place.

BTW The adult industry is dark and I didn't hear this from "somebodys uncles cousin grandmother brothers son is not so smart".

I really can appreciate that "adult industry thrives on actual SALES and pays upto $200 for each and every valid membership signup and provides revenue shares for recurring sales which are billed at $30 or $40 per month... over the period of one year u can make hundreds of dollars off of 1 visitor" and you are the accounts supervisor over at Maxxximize.com.

Kind of comes back to the greed mentality you mentioned in the beginning, but w/ a human cost imho. Seems to me like a sales pitch and no mods or OP I'm not trying to pick a fight. This is my opinion.

you should try to have a convo with yourself sometime when you are all alone and you will see that you absolutely make no sense

i dont even know where to start by replying to what you just said, so i wont... moving on :)

•••
mike031 said:
............adult industry thrives on actual SALES and pays upto $200 for each and every valid membership signup and provides revenue shares for recurring sales which are billed at $30 or $40 per month... over the period of one year u can make hundreds of dollars off of 1 visitor

from parking u would of only made 10 cents off of that adult visitor who clicks off ur parked page
There is a darn good reason most adult domains are parked. Adult sites rip off affiliates.....they skim on conversions.

That's old news though.....everyone has already learned through testing that most of the time parking pays out better.

BTW.....I tried your Maxxximize service with premium adult domains. Your service did not work for me....and your company had the nerve to label my adult generics as poor domains when they did not convert very well. They sure make a good amount in parking and have not been SmartPriced or TQ'd down so they must be converting for advertisers through parking.

I'm not saying your company ripped me off, just that it did not pay as well as parking. :)

Peace.

•••
Seabass said:
There is a darn good reason most adult domains are parked. Adult sites rip off affiliates.....they skim on conversions.

That's old news though.....everyone has already learned through testing that most of the time parking pays out better.

BTW.....I tried your Maxxximize service with premium adult domains. Your service did not work for me....and your company had the nerve to label my adult generics as poor domains when they did not convert very well. They sure make a good amount in parking and have not been SmartPriced or TQ'd down so they must be converting for advertisers through parking.

I'm not saying your company ripped me off, just that it did not pay as well as parking. :)

Peace.

the real reason most domain names are parked, and not just adult ones is that domainers are lazy and dont know any better... so, they choose to go with the most convenient and easiest solution which is domain parking.

u will get ripped off if u allow ur self to be ripped off... there is over 1,000 adult affil programs, if u choose a crappy one, well... it is ur own fault... people always wnat to blame others though, lol... right on...

you see, u need to do ur homework. there is plenty of good affils out there that have been around forever that dont do anything shady and never have. they dont need to. they make millions per month the good ol' fashioned way.

the domain industry was actually founded and built from the groupd up by people from the adult industry... guys like Rick Schwartz made their move from Adult to mainstream / domains... guys like the original founders of Fabulous.com Dean Shannon and so on.

i suspect that u do not know much about the history of neither the domain or adult industry... dont be so dismissive though... the adult industry is much bigger then the domain industry and they actually work together quiet nicely if u know what u are doing... perfect marriage of quality traffic and quality and unique service offerings = big money $$

i love it when people just say tht "google sucks" or "adult industry is a scam" really?? why do u think so?? elaborate... just making this type of bold statements -- u should back them up with facts or at least explain why u think so and have such opinions.

as far as not paying this and that or as are much as parking who used our service, well.. most of the ppl who sign up expect us to do miracles over night or convert their worthless traffic at 1:100 ....really... we dont even accept most of this ppl as it is a waste of their time and mine. it amazes me, people will give u their crappiest domains and expect u to do something with it --- if its crap then it is crap...

domains setup on PPC that get clicks arent worth anything if they dont convert into sales... and even worse, domains that just receive traffic but dont get any clicks on ppc are even more worthless, jsut a waste of bandwidth.

and i have no idea who u are and if infact u tried out our service or if u have gotten things mixed up but feel free to drop me a pm and i will see what happend with ur account or what didnt happen.

Last edited:
•••
Certain things about parking industry are true but we see only a small portion of the problem. The real problem is click fraud.

Parking companies work with the acceptance of their ad providers.
They're not alone to this.
If they look the other way then parking companies scam Google/Yahoo/3rd party feed.

I don't agree with methods like "i can't control it that's why i shut down the whole thing" but it's up to Google / Yahoo to have the final word

Regarding adult industry it has money because it targets at the hormone level and this is hard to control. I always say that the head closest to the pocket wins :)

Anyway, seriously i believe the problem is the policy of the parking companies.
I can't believe that ALL of them work this way.

I'm not sure if the google parking program higher goal is the quality and control of the traffic or the revenue. In any case with G blessing parking will not be gone anytime soon.

There will be always room to fit for companies that either play fair or provide alternative ad sources or additional services.

•••
mike031 said:
i suspect that u do not know much about the history of neither the domain or adult industry...
Are you kidding dude, Seabass was domaining before you hit puberty, he's probably forgotten more than you'll ever know about this industry. Sheesh.

Last edited:
•••
mike031 said:
the real reason most domain names are parked, and not just adult ones is that domainers are lazy and dont know any better... so, they choose to go with the most convenient and easiest solution which is domain parking.

u will get ripped off if u allow ur self to be ripped off... there is over 1,000 adult affil programs, if u choose a crappy one, well... it is ur own fault... people always wnat to blame others though, lol... right on...

you see, u need to do ur homework. there is plenty of good affils out there that have been around forever that dont do anything shady and never have. they dont need to. they make millions per month the good ol' fashioned way.

the domain industry was actually founded and built from the groupd up by people from the adult industry... guys like Rick Schwartz made their move from Adult to mainstream / domains... guys like the original founders of Fabulous.com Dean Shannon and so on.

i suspect that u do not know much about the history of neither the domain or adult industry... dont be so dismissive though... the adult industry is much bigger then the domain industry and they actually work together quiet nicely if u know what u are doing... perfect marriage of quality traffic and quality and unique service offerings = big money $$

i love it when people just say tht "google sucks" or "adult industry is a scam" really?? why do u think so?? elaborate... just making this type of bold statements -- u should back them up with facts or at least explain why u think so and have such opinions.

as far as not paying this and that or as are much as parking who used our service, well.. most of the ppl who sign up expect us to do miracles over night or convert their worthless traffic at 1:100 ....really... we dont even accept most of this ppl as it is a waste of their time and mine. it amazes me, people will give u their crappiest domains and expect u to do something with it --- if its crap then it is crap...

domains setup on PPC that get clicks arent worth anything if they dont convert into sales... and even worse, domains that just receive traffic but dont get any clicks on ppc are even more worthless, jsut a waste of bandwidth.

and i have no idea who u are and if infact u tried out our service or if u have gotten things mixed up but feel free to drop me a pm and i will see what happend with ur account or what didnt happen.
Mike....... most domainers are not lazy. I personally work over 15 hours a day, seven days a week, buying and optimizing domains. I sometimes don't even leave the house for three weeks or a month......literally. Many here at NamePros would disagree with you on this notion of yours.

I'll tell you something......I had 400 developed sites in 2000 that were making good money, but I found out that I was missing the domain market by spending all my time developing. Guys like Rick Schwartz and Frank Schilling were raking it in. When I changed my focus from development to domain acquisitions my wealth exploded and I never looked back. I went to opposite direction as you.....AND I will have nothing to do with development today. I don't want to even hear the word anymore.......development distracts you from acquisitions, which many domainers a year or two from now will realize after they are much poorer, or have not moved forward as fast as they wished. Only the best developers with a unique angle will make the big $$$$.

Regarding adult affiliates.....yes some pay.....but you have to always keep your eye on them......it's not worth it. Why should I keep putting in the leg work to keep finding out who is legit and who is not.....I can just park.

Why is Rick Schwartz's Ass,com parked? Because adult sites cannot be trusted. He has even said so himself. This is why services like yours are not all the rage.....if it were we would all be begging to get out of parking since we are "making so much less".

I think you have a warped view of domaining and maybe you were not involved heavily in it b/c your views are more in tune the "purist developers" that occasionally like to come along and bash domainers here in NamePros and elsewhere.....calling them lazy and talentless. Finding and acquiring great domains is an art limited only by your mind.....and it is a talent.....regardless of what anyone says. I've been buying domains for 14 years now and I keep getting better at it.....it's a talent. I'm even better at it than last year.

BTW......in regards to you insinuation that I maybe do not know much about domains or the adult industry.......I was regging domains in mid 1995 and owned over 300 domains before 1996, and did my first affiliate deal with an adult site in 1996.

Also, I've literally tested over 500, 600 adult affiliate programs over the years. The hey-day of adult sites was in the 1990's ........money like that will never be made in adult again by the smaller guys like the domainers here at NamePros. Back then, I was getting 1:25 to 1:40 conversion rate for several years there paying $60 to $80 a conversion, sometimes higher.

Anyhow........Parking is here to stay and development is not necessarily the right path for all domainers. Besides, Parking provides a valuable service to advertisers.....at least that is how I see it.

Peace. :)

Michael said:
Are you kidding dude, Seabass was domaining before you hit puberty, he's probably forgotten more than you'll ever know about this industry. Sheesh.
Thanks Michael.

It's funny you say that b/c in the last year or so I have noticed some of the details from the mid 1990's are getting foggy now. I talked with another domainer that was regging back then too and he said he noticed he is starting to forget some details like company names, chronology of events, etc..... Time plays tricks on the mind. :hehe:

•••
ok there gang, u win :p

i will stay out of this...

you all got it way twisted and do not make much sense

i'll just like to end this on a closing note cuz i really dont have all day to try to explain even the most basic things that one should already know

if you want to have an open discussion on certain issues, u need to provide more than "i did this and that in 1995 and then i domained for 5 more yrs and now acquired this and that much" so what i say is the truth and what you say is bs...

what is this kindergarden ... ? who has the biggest u know waht ?? who cares what u did... or didnt.

this might of been cool or worked yrs ago but its gotten old... amongst newbies it may be acceptable but amongst professionals, it is not.

lets talk facts... i can provide proof and facts on each and every thing i mention and point u to sources that have already pointed this out many times over and will confirm

so, provide relevant and useful information to the discussion or simply move along --- we will never agree on everything but we can learn from each other if u sincerely open up

•••
mike031 said:
everybody does things their own different way... its all good

food for thought;

if u are a serious developer........once u park a domain, u are actually working backwards... GOOGLE does not like parked domains, so if u plan to develop a domain, u should never ever park it as u risk of getting a penalty and / or ban

then, hwnever u do want to develop.. u will have to do additional "recovery work" and re-establish ur credibility and trust with the search engine... we are talking about months

there isnt too many professional webmasters/developers who build sites for a living who park domains

domainers arent developers by nature, never have and never will be so i dont expect em to get this right.... ;)

Mike,

I know you are the owner of WannaDevelop.com and I think you are only 21 years old which is not a bad thing at all but you have some things to learn. Therefore, you have an interest to get people to stop parking and buying your development services.

You have some great things you mentioned but you need to realize it's all about ROI. Development takes time away from buying and selling names and making a good money parking. I bet my ROI is better than 99.9% of the people in the domain industry. I don't need to brag how much money I have made in the domain industry but done very well and been domaining since 1997 so I have been around. You have some spirit and good ideas but you need to think before you talk. Come out to DomainFest in Los Angeles next week and us domain parkers will show you how much we are making and we will buy you a beer.

Jim

Last edited:
•••
It might take me some time to digest this. But good feedback and analysis, thanks for honesty.

•••
Mike, Can you please post some examples here of sites you have developed that are generating good revenue and getting good traffic.
If i like the look of them i may give one a try.

•••
Let's just say that I know a little bit about the adult business and I would say there are probably 100 times more fraud going on in the adult world then domain parking. I remember when Serge created PPC before Goto.com even was registered, you know why nobody does pure PPC with adult anymore, too much fraud.

Yes, there are fraudsters and click farms in PPC, but that could be why right now we are only approving 5% of everybody who applies. In my case, I shut down people every day, because either their TQ score is too low or I don't like their traffic. And when I do terminate an account, I tell our providers to refund the money to the advertisers.

There are good guys in this business, sure there are some bad as well, but 95% of the people are really good and honest people.

Donny

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
I think I'm with L2 on this thread. Mike, you may or may not have some good points to be made, but even after re-reading your original post I'm still finding it very difficult to understand exactly what they are due to all the blather -- which also seems to prevail in your subsequent posts.

Also,
...I quit parking domain names at the end of 2005 for good...
Then I'm just a little confused about what is going on with the domains in your thread,
http://www.namepros.com/domains-for-sale-fixed-price/552973-24-hour-fire-sale-generics-numbhead.html

They seem to be parked to me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back