Dynadot

DAN - Daily Hits / Lack of Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
I'm receiving a steady stream of daily hits but no interest (and I wouldn't say my portfolio is that bad either!)
Maybe my pricing structure is way off or this is simply BOT traffic? My portfolio was previously set to Make Offer only but decided to switch it to BIN to encourage/attract sales but still nothing?

Interested to know if anyone else is having the same experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think we need to see a list of your domains before we can comment. The one's in your footer, only the .com is worthwhile. The others you can drop. Nobody is going to buy them.

•••
I think loads of Domainers even experienced ones are complaining about Dan, that they don't get any results.

•••
Sales are weak right now according to other threads (end user and wholesale) and other domainers .How is that DAN’s fault?

Last edited:
•••
Why the negative voting? it seems those guys are killing it on Dan lol, even @twiki that sells regularly complained about Dan.

Last edited:
•••
In my experience. Poor performance on domain selling websites, is usually due to, too high prices. It's not the fault of the platform.

•••
•••
Why the negative voting? it seems those guys are killing it on Dan lol, even @twiki that sells regularly complained about Dan.
Who knows. Some sellers do sell at Dan.

I had terrible results with them for whatever the reason. Tried everything, bin, make offer, etc including LTO. And it's definitely not prices. If anything, my prices are almost always on the lower side, or perhaps often half of what others would price. I'm a discount domainer; have a lot of volume and this pricing level works best for me..

Afternic, on the other hand, sells everything for me.

Notably, I did use Sedo in the past and even had landers with them = zero results as well.

One last comment: I use the NS5/NS6 Afternic lander and BIN pricing and it definitely made the difference for me. Once I introduced it it basically grew my sales with 40% or so.

Later edit: NASDAQ is down by 31% this year. That's what happening. We have to get our boats through these rough seas, and it will take time. Years, if you ask me.

Also lowering domain prices significantly will not, in my experience, compensate for any sales, but rather the contrary. Makes the buyers believe your domains suck and lowers the conversion rate. (note, I tried all this as well; the best prices are still the old prices).

Last edited:
•••
I'm receiving a steady stream of daily hits but no interest (and I wouldn't say my portfolio is that bad either!)
Maybe my pricing structure is way off or this is simply BOT traffic? My portfolio was previously set to Make Offer only but decided to switch it to BIN to encourage/attract sales but still nothing?

Interested to know if anyone else is having the same experience?
DM me a link with your portfolio, I'd take a look, maybe I can figure out something. Up to you though. Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back