IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Using a tablet with chrome in tablet mode all menu / navigation is gone if I switch to desktop mode the navigation comes back.
Good afternoon @NYJimbo & @karmaco ,

We will introduce a lot of optimization for tablet screens this week, it will resolve most if not all issues.

•••
Question about the upcoming categories feature: Will we be able to link to a list of names in a specific category on our "Domain Store"?
Hi Dane,

We will provide a public store link for your custom categories which you can share with others.

Have a great day!

•••
Anyone know how to get the portfolio to show names listed in order of recently viewed???

I was able to do it before...That was helpful , I liked the simplicity of the previous layout, worked just fine , though I am Open to Dan working to improve the site in ways they see might benefit us all, takes time to sort things out, I appreciate the time and effort the @DAN.COM is always giving to provide us with this platform.

Last edited:
•••
side note question...

When you send a counter, how many days does it last before it expires if the buyer hasn't accepted or declined it?

•••
•••
Can i add new lead under $1k ?

•••
Can i add new lead under $1k ?
Good morning @xrvel,

These questions are best allocated to our support chat! That being said, you certainly can import transactions and/or leads under the $1,000.

Have a great day.

•••
One weird thing I noticed this morning:

In the Sold section, there is no Price or Date Sold fields, just the same ones from the standard area, which are totally useless to categorize Sold Domains.

•••
The Bodis page changed, I have mixed feelings on it, I liked the unique look before but it was a bit too cluttered and distracting. This new one has more focus on the ads and has the buy page separate but now it feels like any other ad lander, Sedo, etc.. Which I suppose is fine because more buyers are used to pages like that.

However, please make the H1 domain-name-title obey the capitalization of the domain.

•••
The new version does not allow inline price updates using numlock unless you edit using Bulk Pricing update. Hopefully it can be fixed like before :xf.smile:

•••
The Bodis page changed, I have mixed feelings on it, I liked the unique look before but it was a bit too cluttered and distracting. This new one has more focus on the ads and has the buy page separate but now it feels like any other ad lander, Sedo, etc.. Which I suppose is fine because more buyers are used to pages like that.

However, please make the H1 domain-name-title obey the capitalization of the domain.

Hi King,

We've indeed last night upgraded the hybrid pages with the ultimate goal to increase the PPC income of the landers significantly while not losing on sales conversion.

See example here: https://dan.connecticutchiropractors.com

We're monitoring conversion ratio & PPC revenue outcome and the early results from our test phase was really positive.

Kind regards,

Dan

•••
Hi King,

We've indeed last night upgraded the hybrid pages with the ultimate goal to increase the PPC income of the landers significantly while not losing on sales conversion.

We're monitoring conversion ratio & PPC revenue outcome and the early results from our test phase was really positive.

Kind regards,

Dan
looks good

•••
Hi King,

Kind regards,

Dan
@DAN.COM In the past, the parking revenue amount was different depending upon how we used Bodis (if we used Bodis through Dan the revenue was lower, but if we went directly through Bodis the revenue was higher). Is that still the same? Is there any difference in revenue amounts today? Or is it now exactly the same regardless of how we use Bodis?

Last edited:
•••
The new version does not allow inline price updates using numlock unless you edit using Bulk Pricing update. Hopefully it can be fixed like before :xf.smile:
I reported this to @DAN.COM yesterday. Also copy and paste are not working on setting price or minimum offer. They say "We are looking into it with the team and we will be back as soon as possible". I also hope they fix this as soon as possible.

•••
I am considering to use Dan's price request. Does someone here use it?

•••

I just tried to do exactly that and it acted like my keyboard was dead. Very strange and I'm not even sure how would do that on purpose.

•••
@DAN.COM In the past, the parking revenue amount was different depending upon how we used Bodis (if we used Bodis through Dan the revenue was lower, but if we went directly through Bodis the revenue was higher). Is that still the same? Is there any difference in revenue amounts today? Or is it now exactly the same regardless of how we use Bodis?

Hi Dane,

We have a deal with Bodis where Dan get's 0% of the PPC income and the seller 100%. We introduced the new template to move PPC income closer to the original Bodis pages while optimizing your sales as we believe most PPC providers put too much emphasis on PPC income rather than sales.

Kind regards,

Dan

•••
Anyone know how to get the portfolio to show names listed in order of recently viewed???

I was able to do it before...That was helpful , I liked the simplicity of the previous layout, worked just fine

I echo these two sentiments.

I liked how if you just left the sorting alone, it would default to "recently viewed", but now the sorting selection sticks forever. Please bring this back as it was the primary reason I even used the Portfolio section.

And I also liked the simplicity of the previous format - what the design should have been was to leave the format as-is, with the same column spacing, then allow users to ADD COLUMNS if they chose, and to squish it into an unreadable mass of text+numbers.

I worry that even if we get the chance to HIDE COLUMNS, it will just shift everything to the left and do nothing about the lack of column spacing.

Last edited:
•••
Update: it works now! Thanks @DAN.COM (y)

•••
Just a quick note today, to thank the @DAN.COM team for extending functionality of the bulk edit tool. It works great, and notices when you're editing fields that have different values. That's the subtlety that is expected.

1645543437070.png

Last edited:
•••
Which Template do you guys prefer?

Default? Minimalistic? Standard? Or Brandable?

•••
Which Template do you guys prefer?

Default? Minimalistic? Standard? Or Brandable?
At the moment I'm using the brandable and uploaded an image

•••
At the moment I'm using the brandable and uploaded an image
Thanks, I might have to try that one. Is there a particular image size that is recommended?

•••
Thanks, I might have to try that one. Is there a particular image size that is recommended?

I uploaded an image of around 4700x2300 and it's working well

Last edited:
•••
I think their measure is weight 2mb max

Anyway I uploaded an image of around 4700x2300 and it's working well
Nice. Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back