IT.COM

alert DAN.COM cancel the deal and not transfer domain after BIN payment

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
I bought one domain by BIN via DAN.COM and waited for domain transfer. And DAN cancelled this transaction and said the domain is not owned by the reseller. I can't believe it. How to deal with this matter? See attached photo.

Attachments

• webwxgetmsgimg.jpg
    webwxgetmsgimg.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 598
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Problem exists, but there are only 2 things can be done here:
1. Initial verification (like DAN and Sedo).
2. More frequent automated checks from platforms when name changes DNS records. Same, both DAN and Sedo after a month will send you an email saying some names are ''expired'' (don't remember the exact terminology) and should be out of the list. These checks can be done much more frequently, and in case of Afternic - done at all ))

•••
Problem exists, but there are only 2 things can be done here:
1. Initial verification (like DAN and Sedo).
2. More frequent automated checks from platforms when name changes DNS records. Same, both DAN and Sedo after a month will send you an email saying some names are ''expired'' (don't remember the exact terminology) and should be out of the list. These checks can be done much more frequently, and in case of Afternic - done at all ))
Well, a third thing that can be done is to have a very strict policy on removing the sellers who are caught having intentionally listing domains they do not own?

This has been my experience, dealing with sellers that intentionally listed my domains. It really became tiresome, to have to keep checking for repeated relistings of my domains. This happened multiple times despite having Afternic and Dan remove the original fake listings.

There are likely plenty of sellers on these platforms that act in good faith. They register the domains that they then list. They pay their renewals in the hopes of a future sale. Why should they bother, if they don't even have to own a domain in order to list and sell them on these platforms?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back