Dynadot

Customizable domain parking (Contact form)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sole

Established Member
Impact
Hi NamePros,

The never-ending discussion wheter people are still clicking ads or not, have changed the domain parking industry, at least for me.

Rather than relying on ad-income, I now prefer to have my domains clearly indicate they are for sale, by listing an e-mail address or having a contact form.

Obviously, most parking companies (Sedo, Afternic, Bodis, Voodoo etc) get their revenue from the ads, and therefore prefer that before letting us domainers sell our domains. However, that is not in the best interest of the domainer.

One solution to this would be self-hosting all domains, and uploading a HTML file to each webpage, however this is not optimal. Rather, there should be a parking company allowing their users to clearly state their domain is for sale. What's your experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Out of your short list there Bodis does offer sales pages. Domainnamesales.com does as well but not everyone will be approved there. I do my own pages but if I was gonna use someone else would probably be Bodis at this moment.

Last edited:
•••
Hey again guys,

As my other private provider shut down, I am looking for other alternatives again!

Since a lot of my domains are IDN and Bodis and Domainnamesales don't support it, I'm stuck in this position. Anyone with experience of a sale-platform for IDN domains?

•••
•••
What's your experience?

Once upon a time (fairy taleish, huh?) we had no real options back in the net solutions and register days but then came gdaddy. Nearly all registrations I made after about 2000 was with them but although my names had lots of visits there was no money to be made on their platform.

I then stumbled upon epik and found their combination of free privacy and their for sale and for lease options irresistible. Now a majority of my names have been move to and are registered through them so I can take advantage of the sale/lease landing page. Even though the names may be pointed to vdoo and pcrew, they allow the link to go to epik. (see recent reg backlessweddingdress (dot( com if you want to see how it works/looks).

Both vdoo and pcrew have landing pages for sale contact info, but I find that vodoo has a superior customer service response rate.

•••
Hi NamePros,

The never-ending discussion wheter people are still clicking ads or not, have changed the domain parking industry, at least for me.

Rather than relying on ad-income, I now prefer to have my domains clearly indicate they are for sale, by listing an e-mail address or having a contact form.

Obviously, most parking companies (Sedo, Afternic, Bodis, Voodoo etc) get their revenue from the ads, and therefore prefer that before letting us domainers sell our domains. However, that is not in the best interest of the domainer.

One solution to this would be self-hosting all domains, and uploading a HTML file to each webpage, however this is not optimal. Rather, there should be a parking company allowing their users to clearly state their domain is for sale. What's your experience?

use index.php in root of server
set you nameservers to the server ip

fetch domain name

and display for sale

•••
PHP scripts for creating custom 'domain-for-sale' pages with contact form are available on ThemeForest and Codester for around $15-20. For $7 or so one can buy a For-Sale HTML template. You just need your own hosting space.

Last edited:
•••
PHP scripts for creating custom 'domain-for-sale' pages with contact form are available on ThemeForest and Codester for around $15-20. For $7 or so one can buy a For-Sale HTML template. You just need your own hosting space.

save that money

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back