IT.COM

Will Google Restrict Domain Parking?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hello Friends...

I just got a newletter from Parkquick.. Stating Will Google Restrict Domain Parking?

Rumors flew in July about possible plans by Google to eliminate domain parking for domains that do not get type-in traffic. Julia Mackenzie reported that Google will only serve parking ads to domains it thinks to be capable of receiving type-in traffic and conversions. According to MacKenzie Google's new system "will assess all domains calling their parking feed and immediately give domains either a “pass” or a “fail” score. Meaning that if Google decide your domain has little chance of type-in traffic or if it scores low on conversions, it won't serve you a parking feed."

How will this affect domain owners? A lot depends on how high they set the bar. If the bar is set high, allowing parking income only on one-word generics, for example, then Google-based domain parking is over for a majority of domain owners. If the bar is set relatively low, allowing ads to be served on 2-word keyword .coms that get small amounts of genuine type-in traffic, then this may actually help most domain owners. Parking feeds will disappear from long-hyphenated domains and nonsense domains, while maintaining this source of income for legitimate lower-volume domains.

Keep in mind that this is all a rumor. While MacKenzie has been right in the past, there has been no confirmation from Google. It is consistent with changes occuring throughout the industry as parking companies become more selective under presssure from Google and Yahoo. As this issue goes to press she has issued an update, but it does not really explain what will actually happen.

More info here ...

http://isitmeoriseveryoneelsestupid.com/2008/07/18/google-parking-changes-approaching/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is typical of Google, and its long standing disgust of anyone making money online other than themselves! Slowly but surely Google has been strangling anyone and bleeding dry every advertising dollar it can. Basically Google hate the fact that people other than them can do nothing and make money! eg parked domains. In Googles perfect world, you would pay THEM money for the privlidge to park YOUR domain, and they would send you traffic, whereby people would click on THEIR adds and THEY would get paid. Basically its no surprise to me at all. >:(

•••
The advertisers dislike parked domains, probably far more than Google, who actually makes money off them. Some very few advertisers recognize that in certain circumstances, parked domains can provide conversions; most advertisers do not. In my own longtime experience as an advertiser, some very few parked domains convert, but far and away most do not. The advertisers are the ones who need to be kept happy, and they're not. So Google has been massively cleaning up and promoting the Content Network, and I would expect that the next thing to tackle would be parked domains. The writing has been on the wall for some time.

No idea where Yahoo is on all this, but usually where Google goes, everyone else eventually goes too.

•••
If parking provider supports URL forwarding,you can remove the referrer with this code :

this code can remove refferer(only for IE-based browsers) :

<script>
<!--
window.location = 'http://www.url.com/';
-->
</script><noscript><meta http-equiv='Refresh' content='0; url=http://www.url.com/'></noscript>

•••
Ok, let me argue my point from another angle. Google would like to have the ONLY advertising feed at the very least for parked domains. Too many people are making money off feeds other than Google! And i might add, some of the feeds on my parked domains leave a lot to be desired.

Not quite sure how accomodation turns into breast enlargements on one of my SEO,d parking sites!!! Just out of interest anyone know which parking services use a Google feed? Probably your safest bet to use whoever dose. :bingo:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back