Domain Empire

discuss CryptoGame.com sells for $85,000. Do we need more proof?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
We just saw the sale of CryptoGame.com at $85,000. The sale was published on DNJournal.

Having personally known the seller, I know how tough the negotiation was. It would be difficult for a normal person to reach that kind of sale.
Why?

Because reaching to that level of sale would require you to reject offers which would be big enough in itself. Like let's say, you reject a $10,000 or $20,000 offer.
So, that is one kind of skill that you would need to develop for such a sale(the risk appetite, the time frame to be taken into consideration too). A key take-away is the negotiation tactics and other factors which influence such sale.
Like someone who doesn't have liquidity may opt for the very first offr that may begin with $1,000 or so(maybe).

I believe, you prepare for such sales rather than the belief that it comes to you! NO, IT DOES NOT!

Also, that shows how hot the entire crypto trend is, the vision towards investing in such names and having a foresight, taking into account the futuristic technologies and stuff.

Also, blockchain and crypto are here to stay. This is a good enough proof. And this is just the initiation phase of it all..

Your views and thoughts on this?

Are you heavily bullish on crypto names too??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
M M sold Kryptos.com, will be interesting to know the price of that one.

•••
Is that the correct spelling in another language?

•••
Is that the correct spelling in another language?
Sounds Greek to me, but more of a brandable play on words I would assume.

•••
yes I thought Greek as well, perhaps someone will enlighten me

•••
•••
LOL ..... of course he did

•••
I previously thought CryptoGame.com was acquired by an end-user but now it seems that this domain name was picked up by a reseller. It has a Bodis.com landing page. If this domain name was indeed purchased by a reseller, it looks like a risky move to pay $85K for CryptoGame.com. Don't see much upside to it. But you never know!

•••
I previously thought CryptoGame.com was acquired by an end-user but now it seems that this domain name was picked up by a reseller. It has a Bodis.com landing page. If this domain name was indeed purchased by a reseller, it looks like a risky move to pay $85K for CryptoGame.com. Don't see much upside to it. But you never know!

There’s a Crypto Game called CryptoHunt which is due for release June. You can download the demo and it looks like a Pokemon Go type game. Could be the first of many.

•••
Nice sale and nice cojones holding out on for right offer. Congrats to both, I dont think it's too bad of a price for end user buyer either.

•••
Because most if not all the truly good crypto names are gone we were able to buy ( to my surprise)
Burokkuchen.com which is the exact word for "Blockchain" in Japanese ( major crypto buyers ) - we're just going to hold it and have no idea if a large company may be interested in the future - it's the only "crypto" name we have but i'd guess there will be lots of not so great names names reg'd along the way. I had put "Burokkuchen" into Google and came up with 360,000 "blockchain" results so that was good enough for a non Japanese speaker - could be something or could be nothing!

Last edited:
•••
Crazy sale there's no telling what people will pay for crypto domains

•••
Crazy sale there's no telling what people will pay for crypto domains
Exactly. The trend is super hot and still in early stage

•••
Crypto has actually cooled off lately, but there are still nice crypto and coin domain sales going on. Imagine when things start to heat up again.

CryptoHunt.com looks like it's for sale, would be a good upgrade name for that crypto hunt game.

•••
How are people going about selling these at end-user pricing? Is it all inbound?

Excuse my ignorance, I just don't know enough about that market, but in terms of outbound on that stuff, I really wouldn't have a clue where to begin!??!??!?

(I have a couple, which I think are not too bad-- doesn't everybody though :) )

Last edited:
•••
How are people going about selling these at end-user pricing? Is it all inbound?

Excuse my ignorance, I just don't know enough about that market, but in terms of outbound on that stuff, I really wouldn't have a clue where to begin!??!??!?
I am guessing endusers may be contacting via whois, if they want the name bad enough they pay a decent price

•••
•••
qryptos.com is taken as well)) check out the website

•••
I am guessing endusers may be contacting via whois, if they want the name bad enough they pay a decent price

I get that part of it, but lots of the stuff I see selling, it doesn't strike me as like lightbulb moment, flash of inspiration type stuff. Feels like lots of very awkward and tenuous names making decent money. It feels like the sort of names you would have to sell someone on, by contacting them with outbound.

•••
Not all buyers are smart. lIst the name, put a price on it and you never know, Of course quality will always command the best prices.

•••
hahaha. At this stage, I prefer to assume that everyone is slightly smarter on this stuff than I am.

•••
Just read up ...... standard advice to all new comers to this industry ..... LOL consider an ebook

•••
your DnEbook.com has been expired
Domain Status: redemptionPeriod lol
Just read up ...... standard advice to all new comers to this industry ..... LOL consider an ebook

Last edited:
•••
Look at DnJournal sales each week and you will see some stuff that seems strange, Do not base a portfolio around "fluke" sales though

•••
UberStartup.Com Uber is a Trademark..

•••
Absolutely. I'm an avid reader on DNJournal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back