Dynadot

discuss CrosswordPuzzles.com sold for $249,980. iPuzzles only for $358?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I just came across the sale of domain name CrosswordPuzzles.com for $249,980.

Looking at similar sales, iPuzzles.com sold for $358 only.

Now, undoubtedly, CrosswordPuzzles is a great name but $250,000 for it while only $350 for iPuzzles.com?

What do you think?

1) CrosswordPuzzles is a great name and deserves that value.
2) The seller was a good negotiator and got a great deal.
3) iPuzzles went way cheap.
4) All went for a fair value
5) Other thoughts?

Kindly share your thoughts, analysis and opinions on this one.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe it says everything about the seller/buyer, and less about the real value.

I have crosswordpuzzle.app and wordpuzzle.app, lets see if anyone want those for cheap.

•••
•••
Put me down as a 1

I can appreciate this price tag as I'm a big fan of crossword puzzles. The New York Times crossword puzzle is my go to entertainment/time killer while flying, which is 6-10 times a month. I get enough mindless entertainment in front of the TV when I'm home so I don't bother with the inflight video entertainment options.

Though I have no proof of this, -- other than my own well placed, high opinion of myself...:xf.rolleyes::xf.wink::xf.grin: -- I suspect true crossword puzzle fans are a very intelligent group of people that could be a very lucrative and loyal niche market for CrosswordPuzzles.com's advertisers.

Last edited:
•••
Put me down as a 1

I can appreciate this price tag as I'm a big fan of crossword puzzles. The New York Times crossword puzzle is my go to entertainment/time killer while flying, which is 6-10 times a month. I get enough mindless entertainment in front of the TV when I'm home so I don't bother with the inflight video entertainment options.

Though I have no proof of this, -- other than my own well placed, high opinion of myself...:xf.rolleyes::xf.wink::xf.grin: -- I suspect true crossword puzzle fans are a very intelligent group of people that could be a very lucrative and loyal niche market for CrosswordPuzzles.com's advertisers.

Thanks for the opinion! That puts things into perspective.

•••
2. $250k is a huge amount to pay for any domain let alone a 16 character name that can only be used for one thing.

•••
•••
@TestCase thanks for reminding me to use dnpric.es :) Yeah I would have rather bought however many NNNs LLLs LLLLs etc that 210k could have bought in 07

Last edited:
•••
@TestCase thanks for reminding me to use dnpric.es :) Yeah I would have rather bought however many NNNs LLLs LLLLs etc that 210k could have bought in 07
LMAO!

Yeah, woulda, coulda, shoulda. :banghead::arghh: :xf.cry: If we only knew then what we know now. :xf.frown:

Sigh...

:xf.wink:

•••
Many domains sales fake. That's mean domain transferred and buyer receive money bit this operation not for domain but for money laundering as we see in cryptocurrency market.

•••
The "i" in ipuzzles.com... what does it mean?

•••
I believe it says everything about the seller/buyer, and less about the real value.

I have crosswordpuzzle.app and wordpuzzle.app, lets see if anyone want those for cheap.

I think .app is yet to see some attention. It's still new and hence, we'd have to wait that out!

•••
Many domains sales fake. That's mean domain transferred and buyer receive money bit this operation not for domain but for money laundering as we see in cryptocurrency market.

Many are real sales too! We'd have to rely on the majority of sales and considering that CrosswordPuzzles earlier sold for 6 figures, these are the kind of sales we'd have to trust!

•••

seller is a great negotiator.

may i know who the seller is ?
also who is the buyer ?

•••
wait it was sold for a good price earlier as well :

Showing 1 to 2 of 2 entries
Domain Price Date Venue
crosswordpuzzles.com 249,980 USD 2018-03-16 Uniregistry
crosswordpuzzles.com 210,000 USD 2007-11-07 Moniker

•••

seller is a great negotiator.

may i know who the seller is ?
also who is the buyer ?

You may check the website. Or whois, if it is not already private.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back