Dynadot

question Creating your own landers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
Is it worth the effort or best stick with afternic /dan landers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it worth the effort or best stick with afternic /dan landers?
Hi

effort, tends to pay off, when you put a lot into it
and of course, it helps to know what you're doing too.

so, if you know how,
then the effort could be worth it.... depending on the domains you own.

still, you can always use a marketplace until you get ready to launch your own.
quite a few members have their own websites including myself and majority utilize the resources of the marketplaces as well.

imo...

•••
Hi

effort, tends to pay off, when you put a lot into it
and of course, it helps to know what you're doing too.

so, if you know how,
then the effort could be worth it.... depending on the domains you own.

still, you can always use a marketplace until you get ready to launch your own.
quite a few members have their own websites including myself and majority utilize the resources of the marketplaces as well.

imo...
Thanks for your reply. Other than contact details and adding domain for sale onto the landing page what extra information would you put on there?

•••
Thanks for your reply. Other than contact details and adding domain for sale onto the landing page what extra information would you put on there?
Hi

i suggest you look at different types of sales landers, that currently exist for domains that relate to the same/similar subjects, as yours.
then....
you can see for yourself, what "extra" info is added or what info is "not" included.

sometimes, less is best, and sometimes more, tells more.
depends on how much effort you want to put into each name
and maybe whether which names, need more effort than others.

not to mention.... color schemes, images, logo's, font style, etc., etc.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
I personally like the graphs that show direct hits (type-in traffic) like on Dan landers.

But honestly, I think the best way to sell a domain for the big bucks is to monetize it in some way. It doesn't require much technical know-how, but if you have that (like me), you can do some amazing things and will have a much easier time doing this.

One of the things you can do to monetize a domain is set up an affiliate blog on WordPress. Make sure to use the self-hosted, open-source version of WP for maximum customizability and flexibility, which is WordPress.org, not WordPress.com.

•••
You can use NameContainer to make your own landing page.

It allows customers to purchase domain names through PayPal, Escrow. In addition, multiple domain name platforms (Such as After,SEDO,DAN,Epik...) can be set up for each domain name. Customers can choose the appropriate platform for guaranteed purchases. A full range of domain name transaction methods can help you better selling domain names to customers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About NameContainer Domain Parking Script

With this script, you can manage the landing pages of all your domain names as you like, Such as:
1. Some domains can make offer, and some not
2. Some domain's landing page is coming soon ( For trademark related domains, this will be very useful )
3. Redirect some domains to the buy now page of Godaddy, Sedo, Dan, Namecheap...
4. Some domains Implicit Forward to other website
You can design some templates by yourself to implement some other functions you need.

Some Features
Excel Import/Export Domains, Online Update Domains
Buy via Paypal, Buy/MakeOffer via Escrow
Unlimited Domains / BIN Platforms / Landing Page Template
Multiple BIN Platforms for each domain
Landing Page Template setting for each domain
Buy via Paypal, Buy/MakeOffer via Escrow
Notification(Offer received) Email to customer and you

Click the below link to get more information:
http://www.namecontainer.com/parking-manual/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NameContainer Website: http://www.namecontainer.com/

Last edited:
•••
It all depends on how much control you want over your data. I have used Afternic/Sedo/DAN/Epik landing pages for awhile, but I have hated that I would get reported traffic where they could be bots/can't see what people are doing once they hit the page.

I ended up creating my own landers. They are pretty simple and I could upgrade the text if I wanted to, but I like that I able to see if people are clicking on the lander, how much time they are spending on the site, clicking either the urls or buttons I have set, etc. using Google Analytics mixed with Google Tag Manager to see where people are clicking while being able to filter bot hits myself with custom filters to help me figure if a domain name is potentially worth renewing or not. It is a little bit more work to get your landing pages setup, but I think it's more worthwhile.

Last edited:
•••
I see posts on "your own landers" or "marketplace landers". Can you advertise on both? (the NS would point to one place or the other). For example, create your own lander (with the nameservers going to your website) which includes your contact information, and at the same time LIST the domains on Afternic, Dan, Sedo, or is this against their TOS?

Another scenario is to have NS go to Dan landers, but have a listing of domains on a website you own, with your own contact information.

Last edited:
•••
I see posts on "your own landers" OR "marketplace landers". Can't you advertise on both? For example, create your own lander (with the nameservers going to your website) which includes your contact information, and at the same time LIST the domains on Afternic, Dan, Sedo, or is this against their TOS?

Another scenario is to have NS go to Dan landers, but have a listing of domains on your own website, with your contact information.

You can have your own landers and list your domains on Afternic, Dan, and Sedo. There's no problem with that at all.

•••
You can have your own landers and list your domains on Afternic, Dan, and Sedo. There's no problem with that at all.
Thank you very much for that prompt reply!

•••
Dan is better than Sedo!

•••
Back