Domain Empire

Cpanel6

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dude

Account Closed
Impact
i need to know how to edit the homepage of my domain but dont know how to do it. what do i do in cpanel6 to do that?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It should have a file manager - under it go to the www directory. Can't be more specific as it changes - but best to use FTP really. If you are new to it - just hang on it is easy to pick up really.

•••
i got Smart FTP but dont know how to use it

•••
•••
if its just a single page you are editing then just delete the file and upload the edited file

the index.html page should be in the public_html/www folder

•••
should i wait untill the dns is set up fully?

•••
Once your domain propagates (12-36 hours usually) then you can login to FTP with the information that is sent to you from your host. Open up your FTP and find the file you wish to upload select it and then on the other side of your FTP make sure your public_html folder is open then you can upload the file to your site :)

Sorry that seems kind of jumbled. If you need any more help let me know via AIM DHsupportCass :)

•••
yea, my host said something about the dns propagating, so ill wait so i can log-in to my ftp

•••
Don't worry, it'll be east once you get the hang of it. :)

•••
the DNS chages are done and i can log into my ftp (ftp.mysite.com) but o dont know what to do from there

•••
Originally posted by dude
the DNS chages are done and i can log into my ftp (ftp.mysite.com) but o dont know what to do from there

Go to public_html or www and upload the files you want...and index.html will change the main page of your domain

•••
im all set with ftp thanks to sohil but, i want to know where in the cpanel i go to check how many vistitors ive gotten...im sorry for all the dumb questions

•••
login to cPanel: YOURDOMAIN.TLD/cpanel

Go to web/ftp stats and then webalizer :)

•••
i uploaded a image to my site but when i tied to view it said it was forbidden, how would i be able to see the image?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back