Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Cpanel-mail server crisis

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Grrilla

VIP Member
Impact
87
The weekend before last, about 10 das ago, the dedicated server that I have my sites on underwent a swap. I'm not a server specialist and am not 100% sure what this means but, I guess that this means that the accounts have been physically swapped from one server to another or that the server host url has been changed.

Anyways, after the swap, although, I could log on directly to the mail server via cpanel Webmail, the mail server began rejecting the email acct P/W from my client and I was unable to retreive my mail via the client. After about 5 days of dilly-dallying, the problem got cleared up, neither I or the host know what caused it, (the host/admin related to me that a cpanel specialist/tech went in for an hour and fixed the prob), and all was running normally again until today.

The original server-client issue came back but, it appears that something else bad is going on because the mail server has not retreived any email messages in, almost, a day and, if nothing else, I would have received about 100 pieces of SPAM by now.

There's nothing I can do through WHM. All of my client settings are correct. I changed my P/W in cpanel and in my client to see if that might help but the change had no effect.

If, anyone could give me any troubleshooting leads or info about swaps, c-panel and mail server dyanmics relevant to this issue, I would be very, grateful. This problem has dragged on and I am awaiting returns emails that are important and my friends are telling me that they are receiving Mailer Daemons- undeliverable- notices on all of my business account email addresses. D-:
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back