Dynadot

Whm/Cpanel Server Question

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,

I'd like to foward mail.domain.com to http://domain.com:2095/ for every domain that is on my server. How can I go about doing that? The server is running linux / whm / cpanel.

Regards,
Ron Johnson

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe there is an option in WHM to foward all mail.domain.com and domain.com/webmail to the port. Though I do recommand you not do this due to the fact some people have firewalls and accessing the post 2095 directly causes problems. That is why they use /webmail and mail.

iNod

•••
When you type in domain.com/webmail it merely forwards you to domain.com:2095

•••
i dont undertsand your questions... it should already forword.. or do u mean like when someone types mail.---.com it reirects them to ---.com:2095??

•••
It doesn't forward... you can try it: www.mail.optikhosting.com (this is how it is as a default). Yes I want to to redirect or show ---.com:2095 at that address.

•••
It doesn't work for me I get not found. Anyways login to cpanel click create subdomain than click Setup Redirect or something like that and will in domain.com:2095

iNod

•••
Ok thanks. Is there anyway to do it for all accts on the server though?

•••
i dont recommend making a sub domain because it could screw some stuff up... anyways.. i believe theres a option under whm, in the mail settings area... If it is not there, i would check the main server options

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back