Dynadot

Where to buy a server for a free file host?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

eskick

Account Closed
Impact
Hi,
I Have a free file host wich is growing rapidly(http://www.gimehost.com),
i dont think its going to handle my dedicated server i have now wich i run a forum host on, so where else could i buy a dedicated server for gimehost?,
i need a server under 100$ with cpanel, thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
um. if this is a serious file host then you'll need a bunch of dedicated servers to handle the load. i remember i had to have 4 xeons once to run one of my sites and those were pretty costly.

if at all possible, focus on increasing the revenue FIRST, then try to get a good server. the $99 celerons won't cut it in this case, they'll probably just choke.

•••
my file host is Going SERIOUSE! will use over 40gb-300gb a day by the end of this month, right now its using 30gb a day and its only been listed on free-webhosts.com for 3 days recievinf over 2000-3000 UNIQUE Vistors a day.

•••
if your using that much memory then one dedicated server worth $100 wont be enough. you need servers with 1000GB space (about 3). Trust me. And besides why don't you do clean up of the previous server. There are few good scripts out there that clean up files that did not have any hits or downloads for over a week.

•••
well im running the same server with a free forum host thats why, so do you know a dedicated server provider for this?

•••
•••
the funny thing is i havent made any revenue from this site yet an dit gets way over 2000 unqiue a day now(proof of stats available)

•••
I think CWHnetworks.com sells dedicated servers
stakcedtech offers a very cheap vps account $30 a month and $50 with management http://stackedtech.com

•••
IamShipon1988 said:
stakcedtech offers a very cheap vps account $30 a month and $50 with management http://stackedtech.com

i dont think vps is going to be holding gimehost up, vps will die out in a couple of hours(maximum) using gimehost.

•••
well. that $99 server at EV1 servers I mentioned comes with 1.2 Terabytes of bandwidth.

•••
could you give me a link for that i cannot find it on ev1servers.net

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz
Hard Drive: 120GB EIDE Hard Drive
Memory: 1024MB DDR ECC Memory
Bandwidth: 1,000GB (Carriers Include Abovenet, Cogent Co., Premianet)
Port Speed: 100Mbits Uplink
IP Addresses: 10 Free IP’s (Arin Justifications Required)
Price: $75.00 per Month + $0 Setup Fee ** ORDER NOW **

should i buy that with 20$ a month cpanel and 20$ a month managment.

or should i buy one of these:

Code:
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Memory: 512MB DDR ECC Memory
Price: $49.00 per Month + $0 Setup Fee ** ORDER NOW **

Processor: Intel Celeron 2.0GHz
Memory: 512MB DDR ECC Memory
Price: $55.00 per Month + $0 Setup Fee -- ** ORDER NOW **
With 20$ a month cpanel and 20$ a month managment?

by the way the servers i mentioned arnt on ev1servers.net

•••
IamShipon1988 said:

Hello,
VPS Managment is free with order (so free $50 management when purchasing any VPS from us)

And surely it could hold up. Problem is only 200GB bandwidth and upgrades very cheaply.
They are on Dual Opteron 3.4GHz with 3-6GB Ram. Very fast server. Usualy you get this ram, but lowest possible is 128MB. We have not sold any 128MB, all have been big ones :)

Regards,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back